Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brenda Ellen Lowe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 22 Apr 2012 08:49

I'm trying to find Brenda Ellen Lowe. I believe she was born in 1925 somewhere in Staffordshire. Brenda was married and took the name Wheaton, but later divorced. I don't know if she remarried or if she reverted to using her maiden name. I don't know if Brenda is still alive, but it is possible, so I'd be extremely grateful for any information and help with this.

Many thanks

Ruth

patchem

patchem Report 22 Apr 2012 08:53

Have you got the marriage certificate for name of Father, as birth under Brenda E not obvious?
Thanks

Added:
These are births for Brenda born in Staffs 1920-1929
Births Mar 1925
Lowe Brenda , W. Bromwich
Births Sep 1925
Lowe Brenda J , Cannock
Births Jun 1926
Lowe Brenda , Dudley
Births Dec 1926
Lowe Brenda , Stoke T.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Apr 2012 08:58

Have you tried looking for info?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Apr 2012 08:58

Marriages Mar 1941 (>99%)

Lowe Brenda E Wheaton Wednesbury 6b 1688
Wheaton Cyril G Lowe Wednesbury 6b 1688

Was she really only barely 16 when she married?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Apr 2012 09:03

If she re-married, it wasn't under the surname Wheaton - at least, not in England/Wales

patchem

patchem Report 22 Apr 2012 09:10

There are marriages for Cyril G in 1932, 1941, 1947 and 1950, but birth for Wheaton/Lowe in 1951, so when did the divorce happen?
Thank-you

Ruth

Ruth Report 22 Apr 2012 17:21

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all the replies!

Yes, Brenda did marry Cyril G Wheaton, but later divorced him - I think in 1947. Brenda gave birth to Paul Wheaton in 1951.
I have previously tried searching for Brenda, many times, but the above information is about all I got. I was really wondering if anyone knew if she had a family beyond Cyril and Paul i.e brothers, sisters, husband, children etc or if by some chance anyone is related to her and can tell me what became of her.

Thanks again for the help

Ruth

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Apr 2012 17:33

I think you need to pinpoint her birth really. Have you got her marriage cert? This will hopefully establish her age, father's name, plus a bit more info which might help you.
Jan

Ruth

Ruth Report 22 Apr 2012 17:53

Hi Jan,

From my research so far I think Brenda was born in March 1925 in Belper Staffordshire. Her mother's maiden name is listed as Wildgoose.

I don't have a marriage cert, but on free bmd I've found her marriage record;
March 1941 in Wednesbury to Cyril G Wheaton.

Many thanks

Ruth

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Apr 2012 17:56

Well, I suggest you get that cert. You will regret it if you go down the wrong path!
What makes you think the 1925 birth is correct? Although possible obviously, marrying at 16 is/was fairly unusual.
Jan

Ruth

Ruth Report 22 Apr 2012 18:00

I'm pretty sure I'm right about the birthdate as I know her age in 1951 when she gave birth to Paul.

Thanks for the advice, I will look into getting the certificate.

Ruth

Julia

Julia Report 22 Apr 2012 18:08

There is a Belper in Derbyshire, but not sure about Staffordshire, though.

Julia in Derbyshire

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Apr 2012 18:28

Julia, as far as I can see Ruth is basing her conclusion on Brenda's age when she had her son. She might well be right, Derbyshire being so near to Staffs.
But I think she needs that marriage cert, not least of all because if she can confirm the birth it might be possible to trace other family members who can help her search.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 22 Apr 2012 22:44

If Brenda is from Lowe/Wildgoose, there are a lot of siblings.
Have you looked to see if any of them are in trees on here?

Added:
The one with the 'strange' name appears to be a funeral director in Alfreton.