Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my blood Mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 16 Apr 2012 07:41

Edith Hilda Webb had me adopted when I was 10 months old in 1948. My name was Edna Helen Webb. I then became Lynda Helen Hazlewood. This took place in Cheltenham. I am now Lynda Helen Symonds. It may be my mother is dead but I would like to knowif I have any half siblings.

Flip

Flip Report 16 Apr 2012 08:15

Do you know anything about her family - there is a possible birth for her in 1920, Cheltenham. It could be worth checking the electoral roll for her (or her parents/siblings) at the address given on your original birth certificate.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 16 Apr 2012 08:43

Maybe not the 1920 birth but who knows:

Name: Edith H Webb
Mother's Maiden Surname: Neale
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1920
Registration district: Cheltenham
Inferred County: Shropshire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 762

Name: Edith H Webb
Spouse Surname: Aubrey J Holland
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1944
Inferred County: Gloucestershire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 835

Name: Edith Hilda Holland
Birth Date: 16 Sep 1920
Date of Registration: Oct 1997
Age at Death: 77
Register Number: C53D
District and Subdistrict: 4791C
Entry number: 124

Name: Aubrey J Holland
Mother's Maiden Name: Denley
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1915
Volume: 6a
Page: 740

Name: Aubrey Jack Holland
Birth Date: 28 Mar 1915
Date of Registration: Oct 1987
Age at Death: 72
Volume: 22
Page: 1500

The couple above may have had a daughter born in Cheltenham in 1946.

That Edith Hilda Webb appears to have been one of about 8 children born to her parents between 1919~1930.

Flip

Flip Report 16 Apr 2012 08:52

So, it looks like the 1920 birth is the wrong one. Her husband Aubrey Jack Holland died in Cheltenham 1987. Added - ok Jonesy is miles ahead of me!!

Lynda do you have any leads on her age or where she was living at the time of your birth?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Apr 2012 10:14

No way of knowing where Edith was born.

What was the address on your birth cert?

Was it one of the mother and baby homes in Cheltenham?

From GlosBMD site

WEBB Edna H WEBB 1947 Cheltenham Cheltenham, Cheltenham 42B 231

Sue

Sue Report 16 Apr 2012 13:17

If you don't have much info about your birth mother (ie age, address etc)...have you tried contacting the county archives that will hold records of Admissions for the hospital where you were born? If you can prove your relationship with your birth certificate, they will give you details relating to your birth.....date, time, weight etc.....and also a little information about your birth mother

Sue

Sue Report 16 Apr 2012 13:19

.....adding to my last comment. I recently helped someone trace their birth mother. First step was to locate the county office that held the archived records for the place they were born, then email them with a scan of the birth certificate. They came back within a couple of hours, providing all info they had on record