Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Charles F.A Bond and Norah Holmes.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruairi

Ruairi Report 15 Apr 2012 21:48

Hi

I'm new to researching family trees and trying to locate members of my late fathers family.His grandparents were Charles Frederick A Bond and Norah Holmes Bond who were married in Dover,Kent in 1919.They had several children,many of whom are now deceased.The couple seem to have moved to Ireland at some stage and many of their children later moved back and lost touch with the Irish branch .Both Charles and Norah died and are buried in Ireland.After my father died in 2010,I decided it was time to trace my Bond relatives and see who could I track down .
My father was Alan/Alen Augustine Bond who was born in November 1948 to a member of the Bond family in the UK, but later came to live with his aunt in Ireland.I'm guessing his parents died or were ill.He was never told the truth.

If anyone can help,I'd be very grateful

Regards

R.Bond

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Apr 2012 21:52

Where was he born?

Look here for his birth:

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 15 Apr 2012 23:27

Just for reference (and I cannot see your Father's birth - have you got the certificate?)
Marriages Jun 1919
Bond Charles F A Holmes Dover 2a 3194
Holmes Nora Ben_ Dover 2a 3194

There appear to be only 3 Bond children born in Dover, were the rest born elsewhere?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Apr 2012 00:14

is this your father?? Although the registration is 2 years earlier than you said.

Births Dec 1946 (>99%)

Bond Alan A Baker Surrey Mid.E. 5g 474

get this certificate, it will tell you the name of his father, and his mother's full name

Then you can look for his parents' possible death or whatever led to your father's move to Ireland.

sylvia

Ruairi

Ruairi Report 16 Apr 2012 11:13

Hi ,Thank you all for the kind replies.

We don't know where exactly my late father was born and to which of the Bonds,it was never spoken of,but we were told after he died that he 'came' over to Ireland in the early 50's to be reared.As he was quite young he was reared by a married daughter of Charles FA Bond in Ireland and brought up as one of her own.To the best of my knowledge he was never legally adopted by his aunt/cousin and her husband but was considered part of her family and later took her married surname.
The questioned of his parentage came up when he joined the Irish Army in the 1960's as a birth cert could not be found,as his stepfather was quite high up he managed to pull a few strings and it was sorted out.

I'm assuming that my father was born out of wedlock as they used to say or their was a family scandal surrounding his birth otherwise he would have been told the truth.He went to the grave not knowing the truth and it tormented him inside,but no-one ever told him the truth,which is deeply sad.The woman he called mother is still alive,very religious and old fashioned and will never reveal the truth.Her siblings are all dead except for 2 who live in the UK and have lost touch.

R

patchem

patchem Report 16 Apr 2012 18:16

If he were the illegitimate son of a female Bond he should show as Bond/Bond on the birth information.
Was he given the name Alan Augustine when he came to Ireland, or was that already his?
Do you know if he were born in Dover?
Do you know the names of all Charles and Norah's children?
Thanks

Added:
This is the only Al*n A born in Dover in the correct time frame:
Births Dec 1948
Wright Allen A Taylor Dover

Ruairi

Ruairi Report 17 Apr 2012 13:25

I sent you a pm Patchem.

I started to look into Philip W Bond who was the eldest child of Charles and Norah and was born in Dover in September 1919 but seems to have vanished from records.

Maybe he joined the army like his younger brother Frederick who served during WW2.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Apr 2012 17:15

What about the death in 1992?

Rose

Ruairi

Ruairi Report 18 Apr 2012 11:27

Death in 1992?

patchem

patchem Report 18 Apr 2012 17:39

I think Rose means this one:
Philip William Bond
Birth Date: 24 Jun 1919
Date of Registration: May 1992
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Lambeth
Inferred County: London
Volume: 14
Page: 182

Ruairi

Ruairi Report 18 Apr 2012 23:27

Thanks I found that after I posted the above,I wonder if Philip ever married.I had never heard of him before this!