Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O'Brien

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 15 Apr 2012 15:02

I am looking for Paul John O'Brien born 1941 in Bolton, Lancashire, mother's name Gladys Taylor. He went to work in South Africa about 1968 for Ciba Geigy. I am helping Maurice to try and find his brother.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Apr 2012 15:11

I can't see his birth Ann, though Maurice shows up OK. There is a Paul J. Taylor MMN Taylor though, maybe this is him?
Jan

jax

jax Report 15 Apr 2012 16:16

Gladys did not marry until 1942 so the Taylor birth looks likely

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Apr 2012 16:20

Have you checked other people's trees on here? Make sure you check for his parents' details also.
Did he always use the O'Brien name as far as as you know?
Jan

Ann

Ann Report 15 Apr 2012 17:09

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your reply. He did take the O'brien name when Gladys married.
I have checked on sites I am a member of with no luck. It seems the family tried to find him just before his mother died on 2000. Father unkown on the birth certificate. I was hoping someone in SA may recognise the name.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Apr 2012 17:44

Have you gone down the route of contacting the company? You never know!
Or even contact the South African Paul O'Briens on Facebook on the off-chance they are related. Long shots in the extreme but why not?
Jan

Ann

Ann Report 15 Apr 2012 18:16

Thanks for the suggestions Jan.
Thanks for your help Jax, I missed you last time.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Ann

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Apr 2012 19:35

Good luck Ann.
Just one last thought. What about newspapers? I googled and found a few. Maybe you could email a letter for publication?
Jan.