Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my daughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

BabsC

BabsC Report 14 Apr 2012 16:25

Shirley Elizabeth Chapman who was born 22nd July 1960 at Whittington st Mary Hospital, Archway, London, She was adopted on 4/9/1960, would be lovely to find her as I have been looking for about 10 years.

Regards
Barbara

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

patchem

patchem Report 14 Apr 2012 16:33

Could you say what you have done to try and find her so far, so we do not repeat standard advice?
Thank-you

BabsC

BabsC Report 14 Apr 2012 17:23

I have registered her with NORCAP, and my local council have all her details, as they can help to. Also have looked on various websites to do with adoption and finding birth relatives, and have even been on the Altringham and Cheshire courts as that was where I had to go to sign the papers for her adoption. There are other sites that I have paid for, for them to contact me in case she registers that she is also looking for her birth mother. I know NORCAp can find her but I dont have £900. I have also contacted After Adoption.
Hope this helps

Sheila

Sheila Report 14 Apr 2012 21:44

Have you rule out the possible matches on this site ? there is a Yvonne for instance with someone with that name no place of birth down.
Have you checked she does not have you in her tree ?
What about the adoption agency you used ? would they assist you with your search ?, did they tell you if she has ever viewed her file, and ask if you could leave a letter with it telling her you wold welcome contact..

BabsC

BabsC Report 15 Apr 2012 01:36

Hi Sheila, where would I find Yvonne, only I have searched this site but being adopted her adopted parents would have changed her name, and I dont know what this is. The adoption agency was the National adoption Society in Marlborough St London, but this has closed down, I have every piece of correspondance regarding my daughter from all sorts of different people, which I have kept. When I contacted NORCAP they asked me to send a letter just in case she registeredwith them, and if she did they would let me know. Her adopted parents send me a photo of her when she was 6 months old, and is very much like me when I was 6 months old.

BabsC

BabsC Report 15 Apr 2012 01:36

Hi Sheila, where would I find Yvonne, only I have searched this site but being adopted her adopted parents would have changed her name, and I dont know what this is. The adoption agency was the National adoption Society in Marlborough St London, but this has closed down, I have every piece of correspondance regarding my daughter from all sorts of different people, which I have kept. When I contacted NORCAP they asked me to send a letter just in case she registeredwith them, and if she did they would let me know. Her adopted parents send me a photo of her when she was 6 months old, and is very much like me when I was 6 months old.

jax

jax Report 15 Apr 2012 02:12

If she had a tree on here, she would probably use her birth name.

So if you do a search of the trees on this site (dark green bar top of screen) for Shirley Chapman born 1960 you will find the one Shelia mentioned. To send a message to anyone, click on find out more next to the persons name

Have you also tried looking to see if anyone you dont know has you in their tree?

BabsC

BabsC Report 15 Apr 2012 10:00

Thanks for all your help and advice girls much appreciated I will try and find what you have suggested, and fingers crossed come up with some good news