Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joyce Row / Rowe from Byker born c1935 ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 14 Apr 2012 14:49

This is possibly a long shot but here goes:

My mother was born in January 1941 and has lived all her life in a rural part of Westmorland (now Cumbria), she remembers that as a child an Evacuee called Joyce Row / Rowe from Byker came to stay with them for a while during World War II. This we think must have been towards the end of the War as my mother definately remembers her.

I was having a conversation with my mother this morning and she brought up Evacuee's and mentioned Joyce, she was wondering what ever happened to her.

Does anyone know of Joyce Row / Rowe, what became of her and whether she may still be alive today?

My mother does have some photos that Joyce sent to my nanna once she returned to the North East. My mother does think that Joyce would have been about 5 years older than herself, so this would make it that Joyce may have been born c1935???

Any help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. I have checked BMD's, however without having a precise date it is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Lynne

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Apr 2012 15:04

Could Joyce have been older than your mother thinks? I can find two possible births for this name in the right registration district for Byker but one is 1928 and the other 1929. Of course she may not have been born in Byker.

Kath. x

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 14 Apr 2012 15:18

Hi Kath,

I did see the two possibles, and also thought that Joyce may not have been born in the Byker area.

Trouble is my mother is away at the moment and until she returns I will not be able to take a look at the pictures that were sent, possibly towards the end of the 1940's.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Lynne