Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lookin for my dads sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lee

lee Report 13 Apr 2012 22:56

hi im lee james davies born 9/2/87 from hyde im looking for my dads family he passed away around 1989 his name was gregg davies he was married to my mum carol holt sice his death all contact has been lost with his side of the family i dont no much but would really like to find them i no he had sisters one called alison bernice davies born around 1967 another called wendy davies and his dad was fredrick davies they lived in dukinfield. i do no that some of them moved to wales. since having my own son i would really like to get in contact .

lee

lee Report 13 Apr 2012 23:59

sorry but i do no when he died ,2 years from when i was born ,he sadly passed away in my room ! i had contact with his sisters but it all stoped when i was young and with a family of my own i would like to get help.what do i do with the vol num and page num?i found some body on here witch i think my be my anti born in 1967 in ashton (alison bernice davies ) how do i link them .if any body coukd help me out i would be very great full

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2012 00:03

Click on find out more next to her name and send her a message.

Is this a tree you have found? or just a birth record?

lee

lee Report 14 Apr 2012 00:13

its on birth records and when you click fin more shes not there

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2012 00:18

You will not find anything on the birth records you need to purchase the cert using the volume and page numbers...but that is not going to help you find them anyway.

Have you tried the search trees to see if any of the family have a tree on here?

Dark green bar at the top of the screen

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2012 00:36

Might be a co-incidence but there is an Alison Bernice Davies on Facebook - worth a try.

EDIT she has a Wendy Denise Davies as a friend. Denise went to school in Hyde Cheshire and now lives in Bangor. Might well be them.

Jan

lee

lee Report 14 Apr 2012 00:44

its worth ago i will msg them on face book will let u no..... :-D bit of look

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2012 00:47

Good luck Lee - let us know how you get on!
Jan

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2012 00:51

It certainly looks like them

I did'nt bother looking there as I thought they would have been using a different name by now

good luck

lee

lee Report 14 Apr 2012 00:54

well same here avnot spoken to them for about 16yrs and i no she did get remarried the last time i seen them

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2012 10:17

I think women often use their maiden names on Facebook - partly so people who knew them before they married can find them. I do myself!
Jan

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2012 15:34

I would use my maiden name, but I know I would be found too easily :-D

I would say most of the old school friends that I have found were using their married names

lee

lee Report 15 Apr 2012 09:27

i have found them it was them on facebook thanks for all your help :) :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Apr 2012 10:28

That's great Lee. Thanks for letting us know, always good to hear about a successful result. Lucky her parents called your aunt Alison Bernice!
Jan