Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard BEDFORD born ca1952 (Surrey, England)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 13 Apr 2012 20:53

13 April 2012. Richard was the son of Leslie Percival BEDFORD 1901-1979 and of Leslie's second wife, Beryl (her maiden surname uncertain, possibly Smith or Kirk).
He was possibly born in Guildford. Richard was my first cousin, but his parents divorced in 1968. Richard remained with his father in Torquay, but frequently worked elsewhere - in Holland, Norway and Germany for example. His mother Beryl emigrated to Australia. His father died in Torquay in 1979 after years of financial worries and ill health. Beryl had a son Christopher by a first partner before marrying Leslie. Surname was possibly DUNCAN. Birth year before 1950 (UK).
Our family lost touch with Richard after 1979. If anyone knows of his whereabouts I would be interested to re-contact him. Thanks.
Kenneth BIRBECK

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2012 21:03

He was born in 1952. Middle intial C and MMN was Smith.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2012 21:03

Beryl's first marriage:

Marriages Jun 1936
Kirk Stanley M Smith Solihull 6d 2342
Smith Beryl P Kirk Solihull 6d 2342

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2012 21:10

He was still in Newton Abbot in 2007. Look on 192.com

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Apr 2012 21:14

His son is on Facebook. Contact me for details.

Rose

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 14 Apr 2012 13:39

April 14th 2012. Dear Rose,
Wow, that's really great of you to find so much information for me.
Thank you very much indeed.
Have you a personal interest in the BEDFORD family ?
My mother was Audrey BEDFORD, sister of Richard's father Leslie.
As I live in Normandy, France I have to depend on internet research, but it tends to cost quite a lot. However, I find that GR is very helpful, although this is the first time I have used the GR board pages.
I'll certainly try to get in touch with Richard BEDFORD or his son.
Again thanks, Ken Birbeck

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Apr 2012 19:53

Hi Ken,

I am in no way related to the Bedfords. I just help out on the boards.

Will send you the details of the son on Facebook.

Rose

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 1 May 2012 20:13

May 1st 2012
Dear Rose,
The only BEDFORD that I found in Newton Abbott (at Liverton to be precise) has answered saying that his family has no link with my Leslie and Richard BEDFORD. This gentleman only recently came to live in Devon. All his BEDFORDs were from Northern England.
I am not keen on joining Facebook on account of spam reaching members.
I seem not to have received the details of Richard's son, who you say is on Facebook. Can you confirm ? Kindest regards.

Kenneth

jax

jax Report 1 May 2012 20:26

I would think you may have to join facebook to contact him, I know my own personal details are not on view, so anyone who is not my friend would have no choice

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 May 2012 17:45

Ken,

I sent you an email on 14/4 with a link to the son's Facebook page.

Rose

jax

jax Report 2 May 2012 18:03

If Kenneth does not want to join Facebbook Rose, he will not be able to send a message

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 2 May 2012 20:02

May 2nd 2012
Dear Rose and Jax,

I apologize to you, Rose, for having forgotten your message dated 14/4, but I guess I will have to re-think about joining Facebook.
My niece in Eastern France joined Facebook and now receives hundreds of spam messages daily. I will check to find out if the situation is the same for other subscribers. Maybe she was just unlucky... or maybe she did something she oughtn't to have done !!!
Hopefully I'll manage in the end to get in touch with my cousin Richard Bedford (or his son). Again thanks for your help. Kenneth Birbeck in Normandy.