Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for godmother Maria Davies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Apr 2012 15:30

Hi

Looking for Godmother Maria Davies
Are you godmother to Valerie Mchugh At St Marys Church Wrexham1961
Looking for
Patrick McHugh Married Rosabella Gallen
I only know that he was in RAF Sealand in 1961 when I was born and they lived in Manor lane Hawarden she worked in Countess of Chester Hospital
Rosabella is my Birth Mother Its been like looking for a needle in a hay stack

Regards
Maggie

jax

jax Report 13 Apr 2012 15:53

Margaret

It is very unlikely that Maria will see this, do you have any idea about her age, whether that was her maiden name or not or where she maybe living?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2012 13:46

Margaret has sent me a PM (in response to a similar thread which I cannot locate). This is actually a quest to find Rosabella. I have looked long & hard but no joy.
I have suggested she checks out the address, to see if there are any neighbours still around who might know something.
Have also asked if she thinks Rosabella might have been Irish - the surname does sound as if it might be to me, but what do I know!
jan

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Apr 2012 13:51

Jan, just to add that the surname Gallen IS Irish, I remember because it's a friend of a friend's name.

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Apr 2012 14:43

For anyone who comes to help , I have sent a pm with a long shot birth of a child in Ireland, and her possible marriage/s over here for her.... as I say a long shot!!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 14 Apr 2012 16:58

Fingers crossed RR!

On a different tack, have you tried contacting the RAF? Another long shot but worth a try. I believe there are also contact forums, will check it out.

EDIT It's Forces Reunited I was thinking of - there are 2 Patrick McHugh's but to see details you need to register.

Jan

Agee

Agee Report 14 Apr 2012 21:34

What did she do at the Countess of Chester Hospital?
If it is a "professional" occupation e.g.nurse / physio
there may be a record with alumni organisations associated with the professions.....long shot.