Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desperately seeking Robert Ash in UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim

Kim Report 12 Apr 2012 04:19

I found an old post here looking for my grandmother and her family here in Australia. This was posted by a Robert Ash, presumably in the UK.

My Grandmother, Doris Winifred Ash b 1913, her father Cecil Reuben Ash b1889 and mother Mabel Maud Louise Ash (nee Dodd/Macnamara) came here to South Australia in 1920 and set up some stores and ran the post office in Cadell.

This Robert Ash knew this information, and sadly my grandmother was still alive when he posted it in 2003!

I am guessing Robert is aged 70 plus and any attempts by myself here on GR to contact him have failed.

How does one trace a possible living relative, with very little information??

Cheers....Kim (Adelaide South Australia) :-S

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 12 Apr 2012 19:24

Have you tried search trees on this site,
Good luck,
Liz

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Apr 2012 20:12

Just posting a link to Robert's thread.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/626810

Gwyn

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Apr 2012 20:56

Seeing as his surname is the same he must be the grandson of Cecil's brother. This should help narrow things down at bit.

Rose

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 13 Apr 2012 09:35

Sent PM to Kim yesterday, Harold Ash is Robert`s grandfather,
have found correct Robert via marriage and birth records,
information found is confirmed by Robert`s Tree. Robert`s
sister-in-law, her sister, and Robert`s nephew have Tree`s
on GR, so possible chance contact can be made.
Ken H

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 13 Apr 2012 12:12

Kenneth
It would have help save my time if you had posted YESTERDAY on this thread about the data you have sent !!

:-S

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 13 Apr 2012 14:31

KINGSMILL your information is about records, mine about
what Kim actually requested, how to make contact with Robert,
so excuse me if I do not apologise.
Ken H

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 13 Apr 2012 23:11

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1292092

REPLYING BY PRIVATE MESSAGE

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 14 Apr 2012 09:04

We do not want to know the details, just the sort of
information sent by PM
Ken H

Kim

Kim Report 14 Apr 2012 14:29

Thankyou everyone for your help, hopefully there will be a response from one of the Ash family in the near future.

Special thanks to Kenneth for his time and extensive information. I am afraid I dont get enough time to spend here on GenesReunited to know how to navigate around and only a Standard membership at the moment.

I must say the members here are extremely keen, and I appreciate any helpful hints and information.

Cheers...Kim :-)