Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for "Shaun Cyril Michael Bradley"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 10 Apr 2012 23:37

To those who've looked at this before, this is a RE-POST emphasising the birth name of Bradley rather than '??'.

Current surname may not be Bradley. So, looking for anyone with these set of rather unusual forenames. Born in 1954 in Portsmouth, England. He will probably have changed his surname after his father (also mine) did a bunk at some point. He has a brother born in1958 - 'Peter D Bradley'.

Mother's name = Hilda F M Brown. Birth records for the two sons suggest Bradley as a maiden name option, but as far as I can find out that's rubbish. I don't think the father is relevant to the solution, as I understand within his next family the father revealed exceedingly little of what had gone before.

There's a possibility Shaun C M may be in Ireland, but actually he could be anywhere :-) !!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

Robin

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2012 11:47

What difference do you imagine it will make to 'emphasise' the surname?

Presumably, the info you posted originally was identical to that which you have now given, so the facts haven't changed.

Have you done the obvious searches?

Search trees

www.192.com

Friendsreunited

Penny

Penny Report 11 Apr 2012 13:25

So which do you suppose is their correct name?
Brown? Bradley? Something else?

Maybe you need to search formarriages for their mother and hazzard a few guesses as to them taking her new married name

Robin

Robin Report 11 Apr 2012 17:31

I emphasised the Bradley because anyone browsing through the posts just by title would see Bradley rather than "??". Maybe another Bradley has an idea ....?

Definitely born Bradley - after that I haven't a clue. May have remained a Bradley, may be mother's maiden name "Brown", maybe "Wallsgrove" which is a possibility for the mother remarrying - except (if it's the same person) she switched her "F M" initials around to be "M F".

It's clear no-one knows so I think I'll abandon this effort.

Thanks you for looking.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Apr 2012 18:10

Ms Brown and Mr Bradley wasnt married so SCMichael was registered under both surnames,,,

and was entitled to use either.

Robin

Robin Report 12 Apr 2012 00:11

No, they were. Somewhere in Portsmouth about 2 minutes after divorcing wife no. 1 (on 2nd December 1954). Although it is strange when I look at it again the marriage records are confusing. Mr Bradley appears to have married either Hilda F M Brown or Hilda F M Bradley depending on how you search - the entry record no. is the same though.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Apr 2012 07:31

Robin,

No at the time of registration they were not Mr&Mrs,,,,,but Ms Brown also took and used the name of Bradley prior to marriage and could legally have done it.
hence,the two entries....B&B for her.

Robin

Robin Report 12 Apr 2012 11:41

Thanks again. It is a possibility - but either way how does knowing that help in solving the problem? I've searched for both Brown and Bradley without any success.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Apr 2012 12:22

SCMB may have not used Cyril in their name.?........

Robin

Robin Report 14 Apr 2012 00:13

Sorry, been away. Correct he might not use Cyril - so how do I separate him from every other Shaun M Bradley (and there are many)? It's a toughie - and as I said previously I will delete this post tomorrow.

jax

jax Report 14 Apr 2012 01:04

Why are you going to delete?

If he ever googles his name he should find this...which is what you want is'nt it?

Robin

Robin Report 14 Apr 2012 11:31

Good point ... thanks again.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Apr 2012 13:24

Did the family maintain links with the Portsmouth area?

If so, the local daily paper there, ... The News... runs a free column as and when space permits called 'Where are they now?'

Readers can submit a brief outline of who they are searching and they have had many successes.
You can contact the newspaper online.

Gwyn

Robin

Robin Report 22 Apr 2012 09:17

Sorry for the delay in responding to this suggestion. As far as I'm aware the family had links in the Portsmouth area briefly and then "disappeared". Thanks for that - it's not one I'd thought of.