Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rowley tree shropshire/west bromwich

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brummie46

brummie46 Report 9 Apr 2012 13:47

i have recently gone through old photos etc., and have come across a newspaper cutting (no date) to which someone has written this cutting is ofmy grandfathers cousin.
My great grandfather John Rowley had a brother Thomas who in turn had this son, to which this son relates to the paper cutting, but no christian names given only mentions Mr.E.C.B.Rowley. Apparently this man seems to have achieve remarkable achievement throughout his career.
On my research (although not 100%) it seems that his father was Thomas born 1854 and possibly thomas married a susan Boycott in 1884.
It seems they lived in shropshire and on 1901 census living in west bromwich - to which on paper cutting states family lived in west bromwich.
I am trying to ascertain this gentlemans christian names, and furthermore to see to whom himself married and if they in turn had any children.
Taking a guess for on reading this cutting it states he joined a company in 1929 and was with them for 30 yrs, so possibly he retired in 1959/60ish.
so could he have been born approx around1890/5 if he retired at 65 in the late 1950s/early 60s.
any help you can give would be greatly appreciate for then would be able to see what children himself had and then to further my tree.
thanks again

wisechild

wisechild Report 9 Apr 2012 14:29

Looks like he was Edwin Charles Boycott Rowley b 1886 Manchester to Thomas Rowley & Susan.
Sister Margaret Mary b 1889 Weston Super Mare.
1901 living with parents & sister 365 Whitehall Road West Bromwich. Listed as pupil teacher.

wisechild

wisechild Report 9 Apr 2012 14:43

Just to add.
Looks like he married Edith Hill 3rd quarter 1914 Whittlesey Cambridge.
Might be worth checking if there are any WW1 records for him.

brummie46

brummie46 Report 9 Apr 2012 14:52

many thanks wisechild, he did become a teacher but then went into industry.
many many thanks once again

wisechild

wisechild Report 9 Apr 2012 14:55

You´re welcome.
We Brummies have to stick together. :-) :-)