Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find decendants of my Grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DavJohn

DavJohn Report 7 Apr 2012 13:39

I am trying to find any decendants of my grandmother here in the UK
Her name was Caroline Wilson Nee Heathcote born 21April 1891 widow of Henry James Wilson when she passed she was living with her daughter in Lacy Green macclesfield
Thankyou in advance
David Wilson

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 7 Apr 2012 14:51

England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005 about John H Wilson
Name: John H Wilson
Mother's Maiden Surname: Heathcote
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1916
Registration district: Tamworth
Inferred County: Staffordshire

DavJohn

DavJohn Report 7 Apr 2012 14:56

Hi Jacqueline that is my father he is passed now I have not put a clear request, I was looking more for my cousins who might hold some information I am seeking, my father did have a younger sister Edna but I do not know if she is still with us as she would be about 92 now
many thanks
David

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 7 Apr 2012 15:10

This is the only Edna?

Name: Edna M Wilson
Mother's Maiden Surname: Heathcote
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1930
Registration district: Manchester South
Inferred County: Lancashire

Jackie

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 7 Apr 2012 17:42

Have you tried 'search trees' (in dark green bar above) to see if anyone has them in their tree?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 7 Apr 2012 17:44

related thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1296482?page=1

DavJohn

DavJohn Report 8 Apr 2012 11:43

Jacqueline
Edna is my aunt but may have passed on now we do not know if she has any children due to the secret service type attitude of the family my cousins outside the UK do not have any details as they rely on me for info.

brummiejan yes Ive tried that but the other trees have there info from my guess work
the reson I am trying to find decendants as there are cousins out there that I have never met as I am looking to see who holds her death certificate which I am unable to find via other means
Many thanks David

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2012 11:48

Your maths is a bit 'iffy' - lol! Born 1930 makes her 81 now, if alive

What does the 'M' represent in Edna's name?

The info you seek, presumably, is about Caroline's death, which was looked for in depth on your other thread

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2012 12:15

You are being somewhat less than forthcoming on here, David.

On your other thread, you refer to Caroline's death having been registered by her son in law, Frederick White. To whom was Frederick married?

You do not mention any other children of the Wilson/Heathcote marriage, so the assumption must be that Frederick married Edna.

DavJohn

DavJohn Report 9 Apr 2012 13:14

Hi Sorry about the confusion and the sums you are right its my age dementia is setting in now,as now 70
fredererick was married to the other daughter phyllis I do not know who Edna was married to or where she now lives she used to live in manchester
all my cousins live abroad except for two whom I have never met, the ones abroad are in the dark as well and look to me to find out things, the family was very disfunctional and never realy communicated with each other and if you did ask a question you were told to mind your own business and not to ask such questions. so hence I am trying to draw some relatives out from the dark to answer if they can about my grandmother whom I only met twice
due to geography
I have given up on the other site as trying to find this info is worse that trying to find my Irish ancesters birth details
regards David

DavJohn

DavJohn Report 9 Apr 2012 13:14

Hi Sorry about the confusion and the sums you are right its my age dementia is setting in now,as now 70
fredererick was married to the other daughter phyllis I do not know who Edna was married to or where she now lives she used to live in manchester
all my cousins live abroad except for two whom I have never met, the ones abroad are in the dark as well and look to me to find out things, the family was very disfunctional and never realy communicated with each other and if you did ask a question you were told to mind your own business and not to ask such questions. so hence I am trying to draw some relatives out from the dark to answer if they can about my grandmother whom I only met twice
due to geography
I have given up on the other site as trying to find this info is worse that trying to find my Irish ancesters birth details
regards David

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Apr 2012 16:29

PM sent re possible marriage for Edna

Jackie