Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEORGINA (nee) CLAYDON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wsm

wsm Report 5 Apr 2012 15:25

I am looking for Georgina (nee Claydon) born 1945 in Weston-s-Mare, Somerset. After her mother Ada (nee Caple) died in 1954 she lived with her mothers sister Beatrice Caple until she married Ian Newman in Weston-s-Mare 1964 I believe Ian was in the R.A.F. at that time.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Apr 2012 15:51

Have you checked www.192.com?

Also try Friendsreunited

Or Forcesreunited

Look on here in 'search trees'

You didn't mention her second name.......initial 'A'

patchem

patchem Report 5 Apr 2012 18:36

Does he use the name Ian, or David Ian?
Thanks

What is your connection to these people?

Added:
They could be on 192.com for 2003, in Aylesbury.

Then try bt online for G A Newman in that town.

wsm

wsm Report 5 Apr 2012 20:43

Georgina's second name is Alice, I found a telephone no. for a G.A. Newman in Aylesbury but it was not the correct person. On the marriage details her husbands name is David Ian Newman. Georgina is my cousin, my sister Christine was a bridesmaid at her wedding.
Many thanks to patchem and Reggie for taking the time to help.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Apr 2012 20:57

There is a Georgina Newman on facebook - but could be the one with the wrong phone number.
There are quite a few others also.

There are very few Newman/Claydon births in the country, and not in Weston.
So, no children, lived abroad, divorced?

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 6 Apr 2012 07:20

Weston S Mare is very close to a RAF camp so David Ian may have only been there a few of years. RAF Locking was the camp.

Electronic and other apprenticeships in the RAF were taught there in 1964. Apps were about 19 maybe 20 when they finished their 3 years of training.

Children could have been born anywhere in UK or in fact in the world if he stayed in the RAF. If he was an ex app he would have been in late 20s before he left the RAF, it is possble he extended his service until he was 40 or even 55 due to pension rights.

If you get their wedding cert his rank should be on it. If he was a J/T (junior technician) he had just finished an apprenticeship and that rank shows he was an app as only technical branches had that rank when they had completed training.

IF HE WAS AN APP there are regular reunions of different entries of apps from Locking just put RAF Locking in a search engine and you get links to several entries e.g 100th entry. Each entry represents a year and the type of apprenticeship the lads were taking, look for the dates on the entries to help you and you may find him that way.

Pat :-)

Edit :- If you have photos of wedding and he's in uniform can you see his rank? J/T LOOKS LIKE A 4 BLADED PROPELLER.
If it's anything else contact me. Ex WRAF and OH ex app from Locking.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 6 Apr 2012 09:07

Just checked overseas births 1965 - 78 lots of births for Newman but no mother's maiden name I'm afraid.

Pat