Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 4 Apr 2012 19:26

sadly my friend passed away a week ago and we cannot find any of his family members, he has not seen his family for quite a few years, would be greatful of any help to try and find them or get some names so we can hopefuly get contact with them, his name is christopher lee birkby d.o.b. 01-07-1982 and we know he was born in the sheffield area. thankyou to anyone who could maybe help me.

Flip

Flip Report 4 Apr 2012 20:53

It looks like he was an only child - reg Sheffield, mmn Harris. Just in case you don't have his parents names will forward their possible marriage by PM.

Donna

Donna Report 4 Apr 2012 21:09

thankyou

Flip

Flip Report 4 Apr 2012 21:28

On the marriage register, his mothers name was also recorded as Hicks - though I can't find a Harris/Hicks marriage to tie in with this. However, looks like 2 more children born to Birkby/Hicks in 1984 & 1988 - will PM their details.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Apr 2012 00:27

Look on Facebook for the daughter.

Rose

Fiona

Fiona Report 5 Apr 2012 07:36

Look on facebook for his dads 2nd wife..Lorraine Birkby...she`s the only one :-) Cant find his mum though..unless she has remarried since 2005...no records available for then :-( Hope you get in touch with his father Stephen...

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 5 Apr 2012 12:53

PM sent with possible phone no. for "Birkby, Sheffield"
Liz

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Apr 2012 23:32

Fiona,

I think they are in Cornwall and Blackpool. The mum looks to have remarried.

Rose

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 6 Apr 2012 21:32

Did your friend leave a will? If there is actually an estate to go somewhere and no will, then a firm of heir hunters might take it on rather than maybe pick it up on release of the probate lists. Just a thought.

Donna

Donna Report 10 Apr 2012 20:53

hi no i dont think he did leave anything. thankyou all for your help