Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Haworth family, Victoria / NSW Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Serena

Serena Report 29 Mar 2012 12:12

Hi, I am looking for children / grandchildren from the marriage of John Roland Haworth and Joyce Parris [ daughter of Ambrose Parris and Amy Holdsworth]. They married in Lancashire, England 1940 and had children Diane 1943, Lynn 1947, Gary 1950 and Virginia 1956 all born around the UK

They moved to Australia and i have found them on the electoral roll
1963 Flat 4 Grey St, Isaacs, St Kilda, Victoria
1980 Luxford Road Mt Druitt NSW
I believe John died late 1980's and Joyce mid 2000's
Joyce was my dad's cousin, their father's being brother's
I would love to find my relatives, can anyone help ?
Thank You
Serena

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Mar 2012 17:29

Looks like Joyce died in 2008:

http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Rose

Valerie

Valerie Report 30 Mar 2012 03:20

Hi Serena
If that is 'your Joyce' on 'Ryerson's Index' ..her notice/s were in the 'Adelaide Advertiser' 14th & 16th Jan 2008. (age 79yrs).

The 'South Australia State Library' on-line has an 'Ask Us' librarian service ...they will check Joyce's newspaper death notices ('Adelaide Advertiser'14/16/1/2008) for family names ...and check current electoral rolls.
The 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) on-line also offers same excellent service. (for all States...in case Gary is in VIC/NSW etc)

Valerie (WAus)

Ru

Ru Report 30 Mar 2012 09:39

Hello Serena,

There is a G. Haworth in the residential numbers of the white page telephone numbers, (Adelaide South Australia), which may be a family connection. Google this and you can see there are two listings. It may be worth you contacting them to see if they are related.

Good luck,

Maria

Serena

Serena Report 30 Mar 2012 10:18

Thank You for your replies. I have messaged the links you mentioned and await their responces
I have looked at white pages and will make contact , Let's see who i find !!

Thanks
Serena

Serena

Serena Report 4 Apr 2012 11:00

Hi Update on Joyce. The one mentioned in the Adelaide advertiser is NOT my relation.

The information i recieved seem's to indicate my family arrived in Australia 1961
Can anybody find details of John Roland Haworth death approx 1987 NSW, this may lead to more info
Thanks
Serena

Valerie

Valerie Report 5 Apr 2012 04:06

Hi Serena

I noticed on the 'Ryerson Index' a 'John Haworth' d 15/2/2007 in Accrington UK ... death notice was in the 'Herald Sun' (Melb) 19/2/2007 .... would this fit?

I noticed too on the 'National Archives of Aus' there were 2 Joyce Haworth's arriving in 1961 ... possibly one of these you followed up.

Do try the 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) (on-line) with their 'Ask a Librarian' service ......they will check electoral rolls to present day ... (your VIC info should give them a start). They should be able to find your 'Gary Haworth' ... though be aware of others -of same name
arriving 1960's too! (most others had 'middle' names).

Valerie (WAus)

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 6 Apr 2012 05:54

Hi Serena,
Can you let me know how this goes?

The National Library of Australia IS NOT allowed by law to give out living peoples information and they do NOT do research....

The Ask a Librarian function is just for giving advice on where to find information....

Kellie

Valerie

Valerie Report 6 Apr 2012 11:22

...the 'Ask a Librarian' service will search electoral rolls for you ...... ( just as anyone else can walk in off the street to check) ........they help those who can't visit the library ...like me! Excellent service!

Valerie (WAus)

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 6 Apr 2012 11:31

Lets see,,,
I see the last info Valerie gave ppl did not pan out,,,

Lets see what happens and I am curious...

kellie

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 6 Apr 2012 11:34

I am in the ACT and deal with the National Library on a weekly basis,,,
They do NOT do research and cannot by LAW give out living ppls info...
Will be good to see if anyone does...

Kellie

Serena

Serena Report 6 Apr 2012 14:15

Hi,
Not wishing to be part of any comments between Valerie and Kellie can i just say that the South Australian state libary have been most helpful sending me info on the death notice and imigration dates. They also gave me other sites to look at including other libarys and i am awaiting ther responce

So thank you Valerie your info was most useful
Serena

Sad_Mushroom

Sad_Mushroom Report 8 Apr 2012 06:45

HI Serena,,
If the National Library or any other library give you info on any living people (I think that is what this board is about) it is against privacy laws and they can be charged and sent to jail for it....

Bottom line is Australia has privacy laws and the library has no idea if you are a descendent or an abusive husband trying to find ppl...
By LAW no library or anywhere in Aussie can give you details of living people...
and if they do in here,,,,then Genes will be up for a lawsuit as well...

I see Genes doesn't care too much about that...
but wait....LOL

Kellie

Ru

Ru Report 9 Apr 2012 10:57

C'mon girls a little respect please - this is Serena's thread afterall!!

Good luck Serena with all information that comes your way.

Sappho