Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James (Jimmy?) Harry MacDonald / Bradley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robin

Robin Report 29 Mar 2012 09:31

I am trying to find information about the above who was my father - he is recorded on my birth certificate as having the surname "MacDonald-Bradley". He would be 85 / 86 by now if still alive.

Assuming he's not lying on the marriage certificate to my mother (where he is definitely recorded just as a "Bradley"), he would have been born between 2 May 1926 and 1 May 1927. I have no idea where but England seems the most likely - Scotland is, of course, possible but I think less likely.

I have tried looking at and contacting a few people with a James Bradley in their tree to no avail so far and nobody with the name James Bradley in their tree seems to fit what few facts there are available.

In the birth entries there was a James H MacDonald born in Coventry in 1926 who fits the timeline but I have no idea how to look any further to see if his name somehow changed to Bradley either by use or by adoption or deed poll. No-one born James H Bradley quite fits, although several James Bradleys might.

And, before anyone asks, my mother passed away some years ago - and like many in similar situations would not talk about this at all. Only my cousin has any recollections and she would have been only 5 or 6 when she met him.

I have a photo if that helps.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 29 Mar 2012 12:17

Are there any clues to be gathered from his marriage certificate such as his fathers name and occupation or witnesses who may be related to him?

His address and his own occupation at the time of his marriage?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Mar 2012 17:42

Have you discounted this one?

Name: James M Bradley
Mother's Maiden Surname: Mitchell
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1926
Registration district: Haltwhistle
Inferred County: Cumberland

Regards Jackie

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 30 Mar 2012 15:35

I have sent Robin details of his father's marriage and, sadly, his death in 2002.

Cx