Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mrs Atkinson nee Patterson/Rogers Auckland, NZ

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Mark

Mark Report 28 Mar 2012 18:57

Looking for information on, and the family of a "Mrs Atkinson" - nee Patterson or Rogers, originally from Kent, England. During April 1959 she would have lived at Bay View, 206 Ferry Road, Herald Island, Auckland, New Zealand.

Mrs Atkinson would have been a great aunt, or possibly even a great-great aunt of mine, from either the Patterson or Rogers stem in my family. In April 1959, she dealt with the funeral of my uncle, James Vincent Patterson, from Arrowtown, NZ. He too was originally from Kent, England. Emigrated to NZ on 4th February 1958, arrived in Wellington on 26th March 1958. He was killed by the bulldozer he was working on the main highway by Lake Hayes on 7th April 1959. Buried in Quennstown on 11th April 1959.

I have the letter that my grandmother, Fanny Kate Patterson (nee Rogers) sent to my mother, informing her of her brothers death in NZ. In the letter she refers to "auntie" is arranging the funeral and will send his personal belongings home. After contact with the NZ Archives Agency, I now know that the "auntie" was Mrs Atkinson from Herald Island, Auckland.

Any information would be much appreciated and gratefully received.

Thanks for reading...

Mark

Mark Report 11 Apr 2012 13:55

Mystery solved....As well as five of my great uncles emigrating to New Zealand, a great aunt did as well - And she married a Mr Atkinson!!