Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another Daughter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Philip

Philip Report 28 Mar 2012 17:14

With everyones help on here i have now found my grandparents my mums mum and dad. I can thank you all enough for you help.

On reading her mums death cert (1947) Margaret Cox (clark/e) is a widow of Frederick Cox (they wed in 1919) They as far as i was aware had 2 childrem my uncle Dennis (1928) and my mum Pauline (1932)
the informant on the death cert is a M E Fielder Daughter.

I can not find her birth any where assumption is that fielder is her married name and cant find that anywhere either

Can anyone shed any light on this please

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Mar 2012 18:25

Have you looked on FreeBMD ?

Possible marriage in 1943
Mary E Cox to a Fielder

Right area but wrong maiden name

?
Births Jun 1920 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cox Mary E Cox Fulham 1a 616

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 18:35

This birth is in the correct area:

Births Sep 1923
Cox Elizabeth M Clarke Fulham 1a 541

Rose

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 28 Mar 2012 18:38

That looks a better one

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 18:39

There's a death for an Elizabeth Mary Fielder in 1998 who was born in August 1923 that fits.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 18:41

Chances are, there were more children born to them too.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 18:45

There are some other Cox/Clark* births in the Fulham/Kensington area.

Rose

Philip

Philip Report 28 Mar 2012 18:49

i was just sat thinking that this could if proves to be correct open up a right can of worms .........

Philip

Philip Report 28 Mar 2012 18:49

i was just sat thinking that this could if proves to be correct open up a right can of worms .........

Philip

Philip Report 28 Mar 2012 18:51

rose could i be really cheeky and ask you to let me know what they are i will have to then purchase the certs to prove it all

thanks Phil

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 19:43

Phil,

Go to FreeBMD.
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Select births with Surname Cox and Spouse/Mother surname Clark*.

There's a possible Sidney W, Arthur, Leslie J, Derrick T, Ernest D, William C and Elizabeth E P all in Fulham, Kensington or Chelsea districts.

Have you tried looking for a will for either of your grandparents? You might get names that way.

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Mar 2012 22:49

?
Could she have been a daughter born out of wedlock and not brought up with the family or known as another family member?a very younger sister or even a cousin?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Mar 2012 23:46

Phil,

There are a whole bunch of Fielder/Cox children born in Hammersmith where Margaret died in 1947.

The same people who have those names in their trees on this site, also have Margaret Clarke too. You really need to contact Leanne and Louise.

Rose