Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Howard D Jones help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rowena

Rowena Report 21 Mar 2012 20:20

Hi all, im hoping to find a cousin and possibly his father if still alive?.

Howard was born 1949 Leeds to Wilfred Jones and Gladys, i beleive Cooper her maiden name, he also has a brother called Stephen, now we lost touch over 20 years ago,

Ive looked and paid for living relative search, and found 1 Howard D Jones in Doncaster, Yorkshire. , do you think this could be him?

I just dont know what to do, but this person could possibly break down my brick walls

any suggestions welcome

Rowena

patchem

patchem Report 21 Mar 2012 20:38

You can find Wilfred Jones' marriage certificate to Gladys (in 1945, probably) on free bmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Buy the certificate for more information.

Have you looked to see who on here may have them in their trees?

Rowena

Rowena Report 21 Mar 2012 22:11

i have the cert,for Wilfred he is my uncle, and ive also messaged a few people over the last 2 years who seem to have matches but i have not recieved a reply yet.

thankyou though for your help

Rowena

patchem

patchem Report 21 Mar 2012 22:15

As Wilfred is your uncle, who were his parents, so we can try and find his birth (or do you know it)?
Thanks

Rowena

Rowena Report 21 Mar 2012 22:22

Wilfred's birth is april qtr 1921 Leeds to Robert Owen Jones and Nellie Robinson

Robert was born 1897 Blaneau Ffestiniog , wales, to Robert Owen Jones and Sarah Annie Elizabeth Smith, they moved to Leeds around 1909, what we found is that Robert had 3 younger brothers, that we didnt know till 1911 census came out, my father passed away 2 years ago, and my other uncle doesnt know of these people,

Wilfred how ever will do, as Wilfred was alot older than my father and other uncle, as Robert left Nellie Robinson and took up with my nana Nellie Peaker in 1930's and my father was born 1937,

wilfred served in WW2 with his dad - my grandfather aslo served WW1 , and i remember going to visit uncle Wilf when i was little, and remember the two sons too.

Many thanks Rowena

patchem

patchem Report 21 Mar 2012 22:28

If we are looking for a death, then the exact date of birth is useful for later deaths (or to rule them out)
Suggest you get the birth certificate.

e.g. if you knew Gladys's exact birth date, this could be her or not:
Gladys Robinson
Birth Date: 10 May 1927
Date of registration: Mar 1988
Age at Death: 60
Registration district: Leeds
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Volume: 5
Page: 976

Ron2

Ron2 Report 23 Mar 2012 22:18

I knew a Howard Jones in Docaster (Was SSAFA Sec) but he died a couple of years ago. He would have been aged about 70

jenny1970

jenny1970 Report 24 Mar 2012 00:24

electoral ? :-D

Rowena

Rowena Report 24 Mar 2012 14:16

Hi all, The Gladys would have been Gladys Cooper, its Wilfred mother that was Robinson.

so her married name would have been Jones.

@Ronald , would this Howard be in Norton area of Doncaster??. just i looked on living search on Anc*ry and found to be there from 1982 - 2011, and this said Oct 2011.
I am writing a letter, as it didnt give a phone number

Rowena

Ron2

Ron2 Report 24 Mar 2012 20:20

Owdo Rowena. Nah! Howard lived in Bessacarr, Doncaster. He was ex RN and tho I was a Sapper I'd served on a Joint Services Unit with some of his old naval mates.