Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lumsdaine

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Report 17 Mar 2012 13:50

I am trying to trace the Lumsdaine family of Swansea, can anyone help please. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 17 Mar 2012 13:51

Could you give some names and dates, please?

ValT

ValT Report 17 Mar 2012 19:31

there are quite a few Lumsdaines still in Swansea according to 192.

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Mar 2012 02:08

Have you tried Search Trees on this site?

If you find a possible match you can contact the tree owner to see if you have a connection.

There are 34 matches for surname, no date of birth and place of birth Swansea.

Lynski

Lynski Report 19 Mar 2012 06:04

I have sent a personal message to Pamela advising how to get back to her threads.

pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Report 19 Mar 2012 12:11

Hi,
I am trying to locate the family of Isabella Floyd who was born in South Shields in about 1906, I have traced her marriage to Thomas Hawkyard. Their daughter Isabel born about 1932, married a Lumsdaine in 1963 and they had two children born in 1964 and 1966.
Regards
Pam :-)

patchem

patchem Report 19 Mar 2012 18:55

For identification:
Births Mar 1932
Hawkyard Isabel F Floyd S.Shields 10a 1182

http://www.iannounce.co.uk/

LUMSDAINE Isabel Flora Peacefully on Tuesday, 1st. April, 2008, at Morriston Hospital, Isabel of Three Cliffs Nursing Home, Gower. Loving wife of the late John, a devoted mother, grandmother, sister and auntie. She will be sadly missed by all her family and friends. Funeral Thursday, 10th April, when a service will be held at Swansea Crematorium 10.30 a.m. Family flowers only please. Enquiries to St. James Funeral Home, Swansea. Telephone 01792 643840.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Mar 2012 19:38

So are you trying to trace the children born in the 60s or John Lumsdaine?

Rose

pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd Report 20 Mar 2012 09:39

Thanks for coming back, I didn't realise how you should answer these threads, first time of using even though I have been a member for years.
Yes I am trying to find the children born in the 60's, as I am trying to find out about a connection to the Floyd family from South Shields.
Pam :-)

patchem

patchem Report 20 Mar 2012 18:28

If you use this site and put in Isabel Lumsdaine you will get the 2 children and the names of her grandchildren:

http://www.iannounce.co.uk/

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Mar 2012 18:54

Google her son's name with Swansea to contact him. DIL is on Facebook.

Rose