Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding my biological mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 16 Mar 2012 11:25

Hi i am trying to find any info on my birth mother Pauline Halsall nee Sharp born 1929 from Dovercourt, Harwich Essex. She has a daughter called Lurain Halsall born 1948 who would be my half sister. Pauline as far as i know married a George Wilson in 1958

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Mar 2012 11:32

In case it helps, she has middle initial B. However, there might be quite a few Pau;ine B Wilsons around.
Do you have contact with your half-sister or was she adopted also?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 16 Mar 2012 11:35

Just to add that the marriage in 1958 was of Pauline B Halsall in Colchester (to George B).

However, there is another marriage of a Pauline B in 1956

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Mar 2012 11:39

I have PM'd possible birth/marriage details for Jane to have a look. The only matching birth for 1958 marriage is 1931 as far as I can see.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Mar 2012 11:41

I can't see the birth of your half-sister?
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 16 Mar 2012 11:47

Someone else has Lurain in their tree on here.
Have you contacted them?

Added:
Lurain is showing for birth on free bmd.

Jane

Jane Report 16 Mar 2012 11:58

Hi no contact with half sister. She would have been nine when i was adopted as a baby. Quite a story but a nice one.

Jane

Jane Report 16 Mar 2012 11:59

Hi no contact with half sister. She would have been nine when i was adopted as a baby. Quite a story but a nice one.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Mar 2012 12:19

Sorry, got confused with the maiden name!

I see she married in Colchester. There are 3 Wilson/Sharp births in Colchester following this marriage, but I think only 1 is a possibility in view of when they took place - can't be sure they are her children of course, but might be worth following up.

I shall PM the name to you.

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Mar 2012 12:32

How peculiar! I just checked out who matches for Lurain and she comes up in my contacts - she PM'd me not long ago to show me the birth. I assumed it was someone on this thread, but it seems not??
So - maybe she will contact Jane?
Jan

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 17 Mar 2012 02:23

brummiejan/patchem

Jane had a previous thread about this BUT she has deleted it

& had already been informed re the other person who has some of her family on their tree

She has also been informed that Pauline has 5 brothers

& also sent for the George Wilson marriage certificate

She has Lurain's birth certificate & I assume it does not say ADOPTED

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 17 Mar 2012 23:23

Sorry all, sent PM to Jane yesterday with possible contact
details for Pauline`s nephew and wife, Jane has informed
me today I was correct, and she has had great chat with
nephew`s wife, sads news Jane`s mother Pauline died
last year in Canada.
Ken H