Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lesley Matthews

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cookiedude

cookiedude Report 28 Feb 2012 23:10

Hi I'm looking for a Lesley Matthews who lived in Blackpool during the 1960's and came to Birmingham in 1968, i beleave she may have gone back to Blackpool shortly after i was born. If anyone has any information on her i would be very grateful :)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Feb 2012 23:46

When was she born? Was Matthews her maiden name? Does she have a middle initial?

Rose

jax

jax Report 29 Feb 2012 00:52

You have her born 1945 but no area there is only one or a couple registered march 1946 which you can find on freebmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

None were born in the Blackpool or Birmingham area

We need more infomation before we can help

cookiedude

cookiedude Report 29 Feb 2012 02:53

Hi thx for the reply's, I think i have found her birth record, she's from Bury but lived in Blackpool on Livingstone Road. Matthews was her maiden name and according to my adoption records she was 23 and born in December 1945.

She has no middle name. I know she came to Birmingham to have me in 1968.

I've looked on freebmd before i joined here and also was unable to find any records, i did find a little info on here and ancestry.com. with a couple of possible tree matches. I've mailed them but so far had no reply :(
Thanks again :)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Feb 2012 03:02

Have you tried contacting the local library in Blackpool to see who lived at that address in 1968?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Feb 2012 03:27

Unfortunately, it looks as though her mother was unmarried when she had Lesley so it will be impossible to trace siblings.

Did you purchase the birth cert. to see if it matches the details on your adoption cert?

Rose

cookiedude

cookiedude Report 29 Feb 2012 11:59

Hi Rose,
I do have the full address of where she lived in Blackpool but for obvious reasons i can't post it on a public message board.
I have the court record of my adoption and it has Lesley details on it so i know i have the right person :)
I'm mainly trying to find where she is now, i've searched the deaths records aswell and well and it looks like she is still alive.
I have a couple of good leads but don't want to risk contacting the wrong person :)

I really appreciate your help,
Rob

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Feb 2012 17:27

Rob,

The electoral roll info. might list the relatives she was living with in Blackpool.

Might help you track down her marriage or her siblings.

Rose