Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing great aunt and uncle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lee

lee Report 24 Feb 2012 01:02

Looking for living relations of my great-aunt Frances E Davies born in 1915 and my great-uncle Stanley W Davies born in 1917, both lived in Paddington as children with their sister Zilpah. Stanley may have lived in Shropshire in later life.
My Grandmother lost contact with both in the 1920's, I have been building the family tree for about five years but can't further this side due to lack of information.
Would love to finish my Grandmothers story, as I'm aware both her parents died when the children were young and she never really knew what happened to her brother and sister.

jax

jax Report 24 Feb 2012 01:27

Could Stanley have gone to America?

Name: Stanley W. Davies
SSN: 160-30-2597
Last Residence: 24503 Lynchburg, Lynchburg City, Virginia, United States of America
Born: 10 Feb 1917
Died: 7 Jan 1991
State (Year) SSN issued: Pennsylvania (1953-1955)

Name: Stanley W Davies
Mother's Maiden Surname: Carson
Date of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1917
Registration district: Paddington
Inferred County: London
Volume Number: 1a
Page Number: 27 (click to see others on page)

If you had their exact dates of birth... if they died after 1969 you should be able to find their deaths by the date

Flick

Flick Report 24 Feb 2012 12:45

Have you tried looking on freebmd for possible marriages for this pair?

Have you checked search trees to see if anyone is researching them, apart from yourself?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Feb 2012 13:15

Flick is right - if you get their birth dates it might be possible to find their deaths. Middle names might help also.

Keep this in mind just in case!

Name: Stanley William Davies
Birth Date: 27 Mar 1917
Date of registration: Nov 1994
Age at Death: 77
Registration district: Shrewsbury
Inferred County: Shropshire
Register number: A49A
District and Subdistrict: 7151A
Entry number: 144

Jan

lee

lee Report 26 Feb 2012 19:08

Thanks for your time in my quest to finish my Grandmothers story, have the info for Stanleys birth and death but can't find a marriage and am as yet unable to figure out which Frances E in the marriage records is my Great-Aunt, unfortunately 'Davies' is such a common name. Think I will have to try to get a copy of Stanleys death certificate to see who the informant was, in the hope it will lead me to a wife or children.
Thanks once again for your help :-)

jax

jax Report 26 Feb 2012 19:18

Which death cert are you going to get? do you know that he was born 27th March?

jax

jax Report 26 Feb 2012 19:45

Thanks for your pm Lee, but it is better to reply here.

So you knew stanleys d.o.b do you know Frances full d.o.b.?

lee

lee Report 26 Feb 2012 20:16

No unfortunately not