Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robertson's Of Greenock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 8 Feb 2012 00:04

Hi hope someone can shed some light. I am trying to track down my dad's side of the family from Greenock, the Robertson's. I know nothing of this side of the family and would be good to catch up.

We left Greenock in 1982 after my mother Rose Robertson split from my dad Robert Robertson (now deceased). He was part of a large family from what i recall siblings Duncan, Peter, Margaret, Sadie, Ellen I may have missed a few.

If anyone can help shed some light I would be gratefull

jax

jax Report 8 Feb 2012 00:44

Hi Robert

Welcome to the boards

Have you tried looking for any connections in the search trees?

Braken

Braken Report 8 Feb 2012 10:04

Do you have a date of birth for your parents do you have any details of his parents?

Robert

Robert Report 9 Feb 2012 23:17

No sorry very little to go on :(

Robert

Robert Report 10 Feb 2012 00:11

Thanks for the advice Jax did a few searches, lets see what response comes back :-)

David

David Report 17 Feb 2012 17:00

the robertson family came from the bow farm area of greenock i think duncan stays in inverkip

Robert

Robert Report 19 Feb 2012 23:31

Sounds like him, Inverkip, Wemyss Bay was the last I knew, married to Elizabeth with a son Duncan?

Good to know someone that knows my family, its been 27 years since I knew anything about my Dads side of the family

Robert

Robert Report 19 Feb 2012 23:50

Bow Farm area makes sense because my mum was from Rose Street & I think her and my father met at Barrs Cottage waiting for a bus, very romantic ha

I appreciate everyones help