Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for relatives of Matthew (Matt) Wilson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 7 Feb 2012 17:20

Can anyone please help me with my search? Trying to find out birth and marriage records for Matthew Wilson. He could have been born in or around 1932. Would have lived in Oxfordshire during the mid 60's and could well have immigrated (or returned) to America in the 70's? Any leads would be truly appreciated.

Thank you for reading and good luck with your own searches.

patchem

patchem Report 7 Feb 2012 17:58

I think that your description is too vague for people to help you, unless you are extremely lucky.
If he was not born in Oxfordshire, then there are on free bmd 9 births from 1930 to 1934, which one do you think is your Matthew?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Do you know the names of his parents?

How did you arrive at him?
Thanks

Mark

Mark Report 8 Feb 2012 20:26

I've marked this as "answered" by mistake, any clues how I can undo this......!!!!

Mark

Mark Report 12 Feb 2012 14:59

A LIttle Update:

Matthew (MAtt) Wilson may have lived in the Littlemore and/or the Rose Hill area of Oxford around 1965/66 and could well have had a son of around 12 years old at the time.

Yes, I appreciate this all seems vague, but I really am clutching at straws with this one! ANY information or leads would be GRATEFULLY received.

Thank you

Braken

Braken Report 12 Feb 2012 16:32

Its a long shot but have you tried facebook freinds reunited I have found some one that way

Good Luck

Mark

Mark Report 12 Feb 2012 19:01

Hadn't thought of that, will try it and see what what happens!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Feb 2012 19:59

IFMatthew was entitled to vote, he should appear in old electoral lists which are usually found in a main library or archive close to the home address.
They are not searched by surname, but by address so it would mean ploughing through pages of the likely area until you came to a possible match.
Unfortunately his name is not uncommon, but such a search might show up a middle name to give a lead to identify the correct person.

Gwyn

Mark

Mark Report 15 Feb 2012 08:59

Thanks Gwyn, appreciate that. Knowing very little has got very frustrating over the years! But, after all this time, I'm not giving up, there has to be that "golden nugget" of info out there somewhere!

Good luck
Mark

Mark

Mark Report 17 Feb 2012 09:31

Still struggling with this one, just hoping that golden nugget of info is out there somewhere.......

Braken

Braken Report 17 Feb 2012 09:33

Any luck on facebook or freind reunited

Mark

Mark Report 22 Feb 2012 16:18

No luck as yet, but after all these years, I'm not giving up.

Mark

Mark Report 11 Apr 2012 14:02

I'm still having a real struggle with this one!!!! Aaarrrrgggg!!!