Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR LONG LOST SISTER- DENISE DYER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennie

Jennie Report 29 Jan 2012 21:24

I AM TRYING TO TRACK DOWN A SISTER, I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT EXISTS. THE ONLY THING I KNOW IS SHE WAS BORN DENISE DYER OR DENISE PURVIS, I CAN NOT FIND ANY BIRTH RECORDS. SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN IN LONDON TO DOROTHY DYER. HER YEAR OF BIRTH COULD BE 1954/55/56. IT IS BELIEVED SHE WAS ADOPTED. I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO TRACK HER DOWN.

patchem

patchem Report 29 Jan 2012 22:02

Possible birth in 1955 sent by pm, for a Denise Purvis, not Dyer.

jax

jax Report 29 Jan 2012 23:59

If that birth is her It looks like she may have a tree on this site also which is only a couple of years old

Jennie

Jennie Report 30 Jan 2012 19:03

Thanks for the help, I am not sure its her as my mother maiden name was Dyer. She could have been name Denise Purvis but I do not see the connection of the name Norton. Plus she was then adopted and no one alive has a clue what her name is now. Sadly I think I have hit a dead end.

jax

jax Report 30 Jan 2012 19:27

Not seeing a marriage between Dorothy Dyer to a Purvis or did they not marry?

Jennie

Jennie Report 30 Jan 2012 20:11

No many years later Dorothy Dyer married John Durlacher

patchem

patchem Report 30 Jan 2012 20:22

Are you absolutely sure it is Denise?

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 30 Jan 2012 21:12

Sent PM to Jennie with another possible -but not Denise !!

Barbara x

EDIT

Also sent Jax and Patchem PM with the info

Barbara x

Jennie

Jennie Report 30 Jan 2012 21:35

Denise is the name my sister remembers a baby being about she was 8 at the time, and my mum's sister has confirmed this. Trouble is she could have been registered under a different name I guess. But apparently thats what my mother called her for about the first 3 months of her life. :

Jennie

Jennie Report 30 Jan 2012 21:35

Denise is the name my sister remembers a baby being about she was 8 at the time, and my mum's sister has confirmed this. Trouble is she could have been registered under a different name I guess. But apparently thats what my mother called her for about the first 3 months of her life. :

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 30 Jan 2012 21:45

Hi Jax and patchem -- Just to let you know not the right birth I sent you by PM, :-( but worth a try :-)

Barbara x