Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary & micheal Barnes of Lincoln

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patrick

patrick Report 28 Jan 2012 09:32

Hi everyone,
I would like to contact my late fathers ( Peter Barnes, born Reepham 1937) brother and sister Mary (nee Barnes) born in Reepham, Lincolnshire 1934 and Micheal Barnes born in Fiskerton, Lincolnshire in 1941. I believe they may have lived in Newark some years ago and informed that now live in Lincoln. I would very much like to share all the information I have discovered of our family over the years and hope that they can share some information with me. It would be really great to meet them. Many thanks,

Patrick Barnes

Flick

Flick Report 28 Jan 2012 10:12

Start by checking for the possibility that they are on GR by looking in search trees

Try Friendsreunited

patrick

patrick Report 28 Jan 2012 14:15

Thank you for that.

Regards,

Patrick

patchem

patchem Report 28 Jan 2012 15:00

When were you last in contact with them, and do you know who/if they married? Do you have knowledge of any cousins?
Thanks

patrick

patrick Report 26 Feb 2012 14:01

Sorry for the delay in responding though I have only just checked for any reponses. I havent seen my aunt Mary or uncle Micheal sinse my grandad Ninner Barnes died in 1972. I know Mary married a guy called Andy, possibly surname workman but not certain. She had children who I'm led to believe attended St. Peter & St. Pauls secondary school, Lincoln in the 1970's 80's, so clearly returned back to Lincoln from Newark by this time. I dont know if Michael ever did marry. Great if you can help in any way.

Regards,

patrick

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Feb 2012 14:54

Maybe just co-incidence but have you seen this company? They operate out of Lincoln and Newark!

http://www.barnesoflincoln.co.uk/about.php?a=uk

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 15:38

What is Ninner's proper name?
Thank-you

Added:
?
Albert Edward Barnes
Birth Date: 15 Jul 1902
Date of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1972
Age at Death: 69
Registration district: Lincoln
Inferred County: Lincolnshire
Volume: 3b
Page: 1010

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 15:59

Try bt online for Workman living in Newark.................

also 192.com

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/workman/mary/

patrick

patrick Report 31 Mar 2012 02:16

Hi all, just to let you know that I have been able to make contact recently with my late Dads brother and sister Michael and Mary. Thank you for your help and advice.

best wishes,

Patrick

Lynski

Lynski Report 31 Mar 2012 03:10

That's wonderful news, Patrick.