Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Peyton McClure of Belfast

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Niall

Niall Report 26 Jan 2012 22:45

Hi, I'm seeking any descendents of the above. I believe he was born in Belfast, probably in the 1850s. He may have had a granddaughter called Sadie who married a Beckett and then had five children: Elizabeth, Robert, John, William & Joan.

Any or all of these five may still be alive.

Thanks in advance.

jax

jax Report 26 Jan 2012 23:04

Have you tried the search trees for any connections?

Niall

Niall Report 30 Jan 2012 00:05

Yes, thank you Jax, I have, but with no result.

Flick

Flick Report 30 Jan 2012 10:03

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1290955

You need to get some facts about these people - at the moment, you seem to be speculating.

Try the 1901 and 1911 Irish censuses............FREE

How did you get back to1814?

And what happened to the generation between James and his 'possible ' granddaughter?

Niall

Niall Report 30 Jan 2012 23:13

Thank you Flick, but the Census is not a great help here.

It's not speculation; David died in 1856 at the age of 44. The rest of the data was compiled from a series of sketches of oarts of the family tree, drawn rather roughly about 50 years ago. Because they are rather sketchy, it's difficult to be absolutely certain where the Beckett comes in.

As the tree stands, it shows that James Peyton had a daughter Sadie who herself had a daughter Sadie who in turn married a Beckett & had the five children listed above.

Sadie is a name in its own right, but is often a nickname for Sarah. Although the census shows James' family, there is no listing for a Sarah or Sadie, so it could be a baptismal name for any one (or none) of his five daughters. Since at least four of them were single in 1911, we have no route to follow. The Beckett connection would have ocurred long after 1911.

Flick

Flick Report 31 Jan 2012 09:18

trish

Posting such details about living people is NOT allowed.

Use the PM system...........and please read the site rules

Flick

Flick Report 31 Jan 2012 09:23

You say you 'think' James P was born in Belfast...and 'may' have had a granddaughter...............

The 'tree' on which your thoughts are based may not be accurate................

Which 1911 census do you refer to?

What was the granddaughter's surname at birth?

Where was her marriage supposed to have taken place?

Niall

Niall Report 31 Jan 2012 20:30

If I had those details I would have mentioned them Flick.

I have several sketched trees outlining different family branches. The author of those trees is dead many years and the papers are old and faded. She, like all of us, is fallible and may have made errors. Similiarl, her knowledge was incomplete.

James' family lived in Belfast and at least one of his sisters was born there, but I cannot confirm that he was. The daughter was a McClure at birth, but I do not know her married name, therefore I do not know the name of her daughter.

The census I refer to is the Irish census, as you mentioned above.

I presume the remark directed at Trish was posted in error to this thread?

Flick

Flick Report 31 Jan 2012 22:56

No it was not an error.....GR have deleted her post, as it infringed site rules, and those of common sense

If you get any firm info, come back and ask again for help, which we will try to provide.

You might get more help if you posted the 1911 on here, for some dates etc.............