Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Harry H Stainsby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Jan 2012 23:49

I am looking for any living relatives of my uncle He had 2 wives and lived in Brighton Sussex.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jan 2012 00:07

According to birth records one of his sisters was called Gertrude Stainsby. There are four people with this person in their tree. You can find them by using the "search trees" button in the dark green bar near the top of the page. You can then contact the tree owners directly. They may have more information about the family.

Kath. x

Penny

Penny Report 25 Jan 2012 07:41

Other siblings, which you quite possibly know about, but those looking for clues for you may not. Are you in contact with any of these? ( Thats on the assumption that your Harry was born Brighton)

Births Sep 1919
Stainsby Gertrude
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1920
Stainsby Arthur E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Mar 1922
Stainsby James W
Births Sep 1923
Stainsby Harry H
Births Mar 1926
Stainsby Richard E

Flick

Flick Report 26 Jan 2012 09:47

Try looking for births of possible offspring from his two marriages...........

BTW.....is this man living? There is no recorded death for him up to 2005 in England/Wales

OR for Arthur and Richard.....................only this one

Name: James William Stainsby
Birth Date: 30 Nov 1921
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1970
Age at Death: 48
Registration district: Brighton
Inferred County: Sussex
Volume: 5h
Page: 108

Sheila

Sheila Report 29 Jan 2012 12:15

Thank you for my replies.Although I have been a member for a few years I have only actively been doing my tree for the last year.
Sheila

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Feb 2012 14:56

Since my post on this subject. I have had a letter returned to me that I sent to Harry Stainsbys last known address. Informing me that the new person had bought this property 3 years ago following the death of the occupant. Roughly 2009. Can someone help where can I find date of death please. I am sorry if this is not the correct board to post on.
Sheila

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 4 Feb 2012 16:56

Deaths are not available online after 2006 - you could contact the Registry Office nearest to the address you have. The death cert. will give you the name, relationship, and address of the informant.
Good luck,
Liz

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Aug 2012 14:21

Thanx to everyone for their input to my question