Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alan Lynch from Chadderton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 31 Dec 2011 10:05

Hi I am trying to trace an Alan Lynch who was born I believe in Chadderton around 1950 to 52...All I know he had a sister who may have lived in Rochdale in 1970.. I have found 3 on here an enquired but no reply.....

Would be grateful for any help..

Flick

Flick Report 31 Dec 2011 10:53

Try Friendsreunited

BUT......you need to get accurate birth info, or you could contact the wrong person

Mark

Mark Report 31 Dec 2011 12:17

Hi Thanks, its not really a friend , but I have tried ...I am not 100% sure on DOB but he is around 60 -62 and from Chadderton there are 3 listed here but no replies to the private message....

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2012 21:10

Just adding to my comments above, I got some info wrong...Alan had an older brother who lived on the Sholver estate in Oldham in 1970...Alan is approx 62 now.

Flick

Flick Report 4 Jan 2012 21:50

If he's not a friend, what is your connection......why are you looking for him?

You are very vague about him...........

And I think you have entirely the wrong idea about why I advised looking at Friendsreunited..............

Mark

Mark Report 5 Jan 2012 21:22

I am very vague , because it is personal....not for me but the the person I am looking to find...this is genes reunited, so that should kind of tell you why I am looking...I am only asking for help`in a delicate way as possible.
Someone has already responded in a message with some useful info that I can to find

I have only got the year of birth approximately, thats why it has been listed like this...If I had the info it would be easy.....I could pay someone hundreds to try to find him, but I thought this site would help... I am sorry if I have the wrong concept of genes re united.

Perchino

Perchino Report 5 Jan 2012 21:41

There is a possible Lancashire birth registered in 1950. Do you know Mother's maiden name?

Mark

Mark Report 5 Jan 2012 21:51

Thank you Perchino for you help, which I do appreciate, but do not know at the moment, besides this site I really am trying to find more information, not sure on many more details, apart from the details on 4th Jan, I was really hoping someone from the same area could remember...I have used another site too, but I am trying to be very careful what I can say...

I am really sorry that it is vague but I only have the same info I have put...I am gleaning a little bit more info and will update as soon as I can..

Thank you all again for any constructive help...

Flick

Flick Report 5 Jan 2012 22:29

Please do read the reply I posted.......

............and re-read your own

"Thanks, its not really a friend "

.............which to me meant that you thought Friendsreunited was ONLY for friends, whereas the reality is that if you look there for someone's name and see it, you don't have to be a 'friend' to make contact.

BUT...........in this case, you should be very careful about making any moves to get in touch............

I think you would be well advised to approach the official agencies and try to make contact through them....................they have the expertise to guide you

I wish you luck............

Mark

Mark Report 7 Jan 2012 15:55

Would like to thank the two people that have contacted me off group, one in particular has gone above and beyond for which I will always be eternally grateful. Thanks to them I am in a stronger position to move forward.

And thanks to Genesrunited