Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter W Butt = born Dec qtr 1943 Islington London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trudy

Trudy Report 30 Dec 2011 12:46

Am trying to trace the whereabouts of my second cousin Peter W Butt - only son of Arthur(Titch) Butt and Mary Holden born Dec qtr 1943 - I have searched death records to 2006 and can't see him there so presume he is still alive.

He has one older sister Barbara Routledge (nee Butt) but I believe there has been no contact between them for many years.

I was not even aware of Peter;'s existence until I started to do my research and no-one in the family will tell me anything about him - he appears to be the proverbial 'black sheep' and I really don't feel I can ask Barbara about him as the twice I have brought him up in conversation she has changed the subject immediately.

I have tried all the usual channels - 192, Facebook, etc but with no luck - any information would be gratefully received.

many thanks
Trudy

Flick

Flick Report 30 Dec 2011 13:00

Do your 'usual channels' include 'search trees'?

And Friendsreunited?

Just checking..........................

Can I point out that by pursuing this, you may alienate Barbara...............

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Dec 2011 13:09

Have you checked the ones on 192?

Trudy

Trudy Report 30 Dec 2011 14:08

Hi Flick - yes, I have tried those channels, and as far as alienating Barbara goes, I really feel I would like to know - it would be a shame to alienate her but if this is the only way I can find out then so be it.

Rambiling Rose - yes I have checked the ones on 192 - thank you .

jax

jax Report 30 Dec 2011 15:56

Have you looked for any marriage for him? there is one in1966 that could well be him plus a couple of children to that couple

Trudy

Trudy Report 30 Dec 2011 16:05

Hi Jax - I have had a look but didn';t see the one you mention - will go back and have another look - thank you.

Just had a look - is promising, will follow it up - thank you