Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

seeking .... ROSER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G83

G83 Report 30 Nov 2011 21:13

Evening all i seek information if possible on my aunt born approx 1967 at brighton hospital (?) named Pauline janet Roser mother Joan Roser (deceased), Pauline was christened shortly after but then adopted and we know nothing about her since. Her mum was also adopted at a young age and original surname was wood, but was renamed roser at adoption time. Not sure if any of this helps? thank you

Flick

Flick Report 30 Nov 2011 23:28

Add your name to the adoption contact register

Look in 'search trees'

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 1 Dec 2011 08:01

Birth Record
Name Pauline Janet Roser
Year of Registration 1967
Quarter of Registration Apr-May-Jun
Registration District Maidstone <<<<<<<<<<<<
Registration County Kent
Mother's maiden name Roser
Volume Number 5F
Volume Page 842

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 1 Dec 2011 20:13

for the love of ...... this is a LIVING PERSON and here we have her birth date and very personal information about her parentage

this is completely inappropriate, both Alexandra and flowerpot2

the birthdate and parent information should be deleted from your post Alexandra, please read the instructions

flowerpot2 we all know that this information can be sent by private message

please edit these posts or I ( or someone else I am sure ) will report the posts as violating privacy rules

G83

G83 Report 1 Dec 2011 20:26

So i am to put a post on seeking a living person without her name, date of birth or parentage? so perhaps you can tell me what i actually can write to ask for help? I do not know IF she is still a living person or IF she still has this name perhaps she does not.....

so please chrissiex do tell me how i can ask for help without putting any information?

G83

G83 Report 1 Dec 2011 20:29

and i must add her parents are both deceased her biological parents who i have named above

G83

G83 Report 1 Dec 2011 20:32

i have just read the guide lines and it states name and area are acceptable.

Flick

Flick Report 1 Dec 2011 21:25

Alexandra

What you must consider is whether, if you were this person, you would wish the world and his wife to know of the circumstances of your birth...........

Have you done anything about following the advice I offered?

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 2 Dec 2011 05:06

this is completely inappropriate, both Alexandra and flowerpot2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The post of her birth data was posted to indicate to Alexandra
that she has her PLACE OF BIRTH wrong
OR at least where the birth was registered.

it gave LESS data than what she has even NOW posted !

There are some trigger-happy folks out there !!!!

If Alexandra has/had posted her data on a register it is the WRONG facts.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 2 Dec 2011 10:25

Oh dear, settle down.

Flowerpot , she may well have been born in a sussex hospital but registered in Kent
and the correct response would have been to send your reply by sending a PM

Flick

Flick Report 2 Dec 2011 10:44

Talking of trigger-happy, Flowerpot............................

I find it alarming in the extreme how often you send data about living people...........you never seem to consider that the info may be misused.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 2 Dec 2011 15:50

That's a very fair point Flick.

I get concerned about those who are looking for their birth parents. How do we know that the birth parents actually wish to be found?

Whilst some may be delighted, others may be absolutely horrified and it could cause no end of upset - I would hate a message of mine to be the cause of family friction.

Much better just to advise them to contact NORCAP etc. than to get involved personally.

Cx

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 3 Dec 2011 20:18

Alexandra, your first post did give more than it does now having been edited and that was what I considered inappropriate

it is a sensitive question, how to look for someone without giving out personal information about them that they may not wish to see posted on the internet ... when something is posted here ( or most anywhere on the internet ) it can be found by anybody who googles the name for example

an exact birthdate is a little too much info, as is information about the person's family situation, and posting the registration details ( as Flowerpot2 did ) relating to a living person is also considered to be a privacy violation

this site is not like most such sites which are essentially bulletin boards, here other members will try to help with searches, different members have different feelings about living people searches, personally I think adoptive children at least to have a right to know their parents, and I think almost always siblings will be happy to be found, it is just that putting personal information on the worldwide web without someone's knowledge is not fair ( and might actually be counterproductive if they are not happy it was done )

when someone was adopted and their name changed to an unknown name really all one can hope is that someday they do google and find the family members looking for them, or they too use the agency route and get put together with other family who have also gone that route

I hope that helps from my perspective anyway