Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LEE Family - Stepney, London, 1950's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

VMA241

VMA241 Report 28 Nov 2011 13:55

Hi, I am looking to find descendants of a James Lee & Annie Furness who married in 1928. I have traced the fact they had 5 children as follows:
James born 1928, Eileen born 1930, Lilian born 1934, Charles born 1937 & Daniel born 1939.
I have the family traced on the electoral role up until 1949/50 when they moved & don't know where they went. This research was also combined with Street Directory lisitings and Rates Books as luckily for me they had a newsagents in Drummond Street, NW1. All the research I have undertaken has been at Holborn Library/Camden Local Archives but this is a 250 mile round trip for me so I won't be doing it too often.
There is a good possibility that they are all alive still as I have been unable to trace any death records up until 2005. I do have some further information, but am loath to put it all out into the public domain.
If anyone has any pointers please let me know.
If you want any more details, please can we privately message?
Thank you for taking the time to read this & I hope to hear from somebody soon.
Vanessa :-)

patchem

patchem Report 28 Nov 2011 18:36

Just to start with, have you looked to see if anyone has any of them in their tree on here? (Or has common ancestors in the parents of James Lee and Annie Furness)
I am assuming that you know who the parents are - is that a correct assumption?
Thanks

VMA241

VMA241 Report 28 Nov 2011 20:20

I have looked on here & nobody has these two actually listed. I am still awaiting certificates for them so I can trace their ancestry. There are a couple of people who have some of their descendants but again I am awaiting a reply.
I know James Lee's mother but not her maiden name & unfortunately Lee is a very common one to search for !!

Flick

Flick Report 29 Nov 2011 13:59

When and where was James snr born?

Was James jnr on the 1949/50 ER with his parents?

Have you taken steps to find out the second forenames of the children (other than James, of course)?

Flick

Flick Report 29 Nov 2011 14:04

Possible marriage for Daniel sent by PM.....you'd have to obtain cert for verification

VMA241

VMA241 Report 29 Nov 2011 15:41

Flick,
Thanks for the info. James Snr. at present no idea where or when he was born. Am awaiting the certificate from PRO. Only 1 James was listed on 1948/1949 electoral role, no mother listed then either, just grandmother.
My hunt will continue, just not as quickly as I would like
:-(
It's taken me 20 years to get this far & now I've actually got some concrete information I want to find the rest out NOW!!! ;-)