Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Carter 1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 28 Nov 2011 13:00

Hi, can anyone with access to the 1911 census look at the details for a Mary Carter, born 1907 Chichester. Thanking you in anticipation. :-D

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:07

There is no Mary Carter born in Chichester in that year on Freebmd. What else do you know?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:08

??

Person: CARTER, Mary
Institution: Workhouse Union For The City Poor, CHICHESTER WORKHOUSE

CARTER, Mary Casual Pauper F 4 1907 Croydon Surrey VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
5414 Reference:
RG14PN5414 RD86 SD1 ED16 SN9999

Registration District:
Chichester Sub District:
Chichester Enumeration District:
16 Parish:
Chichester

Address:
Broyle Road Chichester County:
Sussex

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:11

These 2 people are with her, 99% sure they are her parents, if that makes any sense to you:

CARTER, James Casual Pauper Married
6 years M 32 1879 Traction Engine Driver Croydon Surrey

CARTER, Louisa Casual Pauper Married
6 years F 32 1879 Croydon Surrey

Paul

Paul Report 28 Nov 2011 14:12

I have the birth details Jan, and (I really should know better, I've been doing this game long enough lol)...when I said born 1907, Chichester, I should have made it clearer that 1907 is the year of birth given on the 1911 census and she was in Chichester on that census (sorry). I don't have access to it, but the little I can see, it says "institution", and I'm curious to know if there are further details - i;e, orphaned, etc

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:14

Must be her then. If you check image, you will see the above couple recorded just above her name.
Jan

Paul

Paul Report 28 Nov 2011 14:14

Thanks very much Jan, you're a star, and your info beat me to my sorry excuse for not making it clearer what I wanted ~ thank you very much ;-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:14

There is a sibling too:

CARTER, Elsie Casual Pauper F 2 1909 Locksbotton

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Nov 2011 14:18

The birthplace for Elsie is Locksbottom, which I think seems to be in Bromley Kent??
Jan