Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nick Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wade

Wade Report 23 Nov 2011 14:41

Trying to find an old college freind Nick Arthur S Jones (The S stands for an unusual name such as Shergon but can't recall exactly what.)

He was born Q1 1961 in Marylebone, Mothers maiden name was Walkey

There is a Barbara EG Walkey who gets married in 1952 in Marylebone but as my Ancestry has expired (haven't been active on my tree for a few years) I can't see whether she marries a Jones.

If i could confirm the parents names I can try and see if I can locate them as Nick has gone AWOL for almost a decade now.

Any help much appreciated.

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 15:30

Friendsreunited is designed for locating friends from college etc

Have you tried Facebook?

Or www.192.com?

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 15:33

Barbara Walkey did not marry Jones

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 15:38

There are two possible marriages for his name.

One in Haywards Heath district............one in Harrow district

Wade

Wade Report 23 Nov 2011 15:59

many thanks Flick

Yes I've tried Facebook, Linkedin, etc etc. . Obviously its difficult as its a common name. I was hoping that I could find his parents and they may be easier to trace.

Too bad Barbara Walkey was a false lead.

Do you mean Jones-Walkey marriages in Haywards heath and harrow ? Or marriages for a Nicholas A S Jones??

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 16:04

For the latter................however, as you have only been out of touch for less than a decade, any marriage must be something of which you are aware.

Wade

Wade Report 23 Nov 2011 16:10

OK do you have the year and the spouse I think he did get married a couple of tikmes so they may both be him?

Thanks.

Flick

Flick Report 23 Nov 2011 16:13

1985 and 1991

I'm not prepared to give you the spouse details......sorry

Wade

Wade Report 23 Nov 2011 16:34

Thanks for your help It's very much appreciated I've been tryin to track this guy down for 5 or 6 years hopefully making some progress. Ive discovered there is a marriage for an Audrey M Walkey to a Jones in Cornwall 1954-58 so feel making some progress

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Nov 2011 20:36

Looks like he had an older brother but there are even more matches for that name.

Rose