Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find a place of birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 19 Nov 2011 13:03

i know my sister was born in irland and try as i might i am unable to find a ref for her, i have the ref for my brother who was born in malaya, you see my father was posted in ierland when she was born an my mother was living in marred quarters, birth year is 1963 any advice

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 19 Nov 2011 13:08

she was born as pearl joan wilson, but i know that is not her name now,

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Nov 2011 13:50

Dawn, why are you trying to find her birth reference? Are you trying to track her down? Not sure how it would help you.
T|here are several people with a Pearl Wilson born ireland 1963 in their trees. do you have contact with them already?
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Nov 2011 18:24

The GRONI site

http://tiny.cc/c8okf

***Request a search of the registration indexes

If you are looking for information but are not able to visit the GRO public search room, you can apply for a search of the registration indexes by selecting 'search only' on the certificate application form. The fee for a search is £6.00 for each 5 year period, or part of each 5 year period***.

This seems to be the linking email address, but they could probably forward it if its not.

[email protected]

You then have to use the details found to order a cert.

Any chance she was included in the Military Births? The references are available on Findmypast. Perhaps someone with that sub could have a look please?

But as been said, her birth date isn't going to be a lot of help if her name has changed.

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 20 Nov 2011 13:43

thank you for your guidence, i know the month was july and date 18, what i am looking for is where in ireland she was born and the ref number to her cert,
unfortunatly we are no longer talking to each other and have not for many years,

edit ; yes brummie, i am in contact but they have taken the fact that she was born in ireland from me, i know the hospital she was born in was on a hill as my eldest brother walked up it when he was asleep, and was 2 years ols at the time

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 21 Nov 2011 04:48

http://www.archhistory.co.uk/taca/history.html

Just for interest

:-)

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 21 Nov 2011 22:04

thanks Flowerpot2 ,

i did contact them about a month age and have had no responce, not even an acknowledgement , :-(

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Nov 2011 23:31

If you are not talking to her I am not sure why you want her birth details really? It concerns me a little.
Jan

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 23 Nov 2011 01:11

Jan ;i can see no need for concern
it is because she is my sister and i have always wanted to know, and as i have a termanal illness which is slowly taking my lungs i would like to have the details so i can pass them on to my son,

Maura

Maura Report 23 Nov 2011 14:36

If your father was stationed in Ireland 1963, then it would have to one of the 6 counties of Northern Ireland he was stationed in, the only way your going to get the information your after is GRONI in Belfast, as BMD's stop at 1921 for N. Ireland online, +++DetEcTive+++ has already posted the details of how to apply for a search.

DawnWilson

DawnWilson Report 23 Nov 2011 21:35

thank you all for your help on this matter ,