Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Melbourne Relatives - formally from Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jodie

Jodie Report 16 Nov 2011 20:43

Hi I am looking for the following:

Relatives of John Watson residing in Melbourne, Australia around 1920. Related too Watson's originally from Robertson / Whiston area of Lanarkshire, Scotland and also Dumfriesshire, Scotland.

Watson family were owners of East Raffles Farm, and Midcross Leys Farm among others in Dumfrisshire.

Any help would be grateful.

Regards

Helen

Flick

Flick Report 16 Nov 2011 22:05

Suggest you get more details about names, birthplaces and birth years........

Then try looking in search trees

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 17 Nov 2011 00:53

Jodie it is a bit of a common name, do you have any idea of a middle name, or who his parents were..or a date of birth?

Jodie

Jodie Report 14 Mar 2012 10:08

Thanks for your help.

I don't have a middlename but I think I have found out that John Watson was born in Dumfriesshire Scotland in January 1865.

Thanks