Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The towners again in Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 15 Nov 2011 21:01

Thanks to this page I found,some living relatives but now Ive searched on here and othersites but no-one has these new family members on their trees, any help with Joanne 1969, Karen 1968, or Peter 1966, born we think in Sydney area. To (Arthur known as) Raymond and Margaret French. I have a wedding pic of their Great parents wedding taken in 1896 and would love to be able to share with other family :-S

Flick

Flick Report 15 Nov 2011 22:54

Suggest you add Australia to your title

BUT.......if they aren't in trees on here, there is very little hope of your making contact through this site

You must, of course, bear in mind that it is not allowed to add living people to a GR tree without permission from every individual, and some GR tree owners actually abide by the rules

You'd be better off looking for the names of ancestors.............and then contacting the living people (if any) who have those names on here

Jenny

Jenny Report 15 Nov 2011 23:38

Thank you for that, I wont be adding them to my tree as they are too far removed from me. I only add direct in as gg parents ect not all the bros and sis's. The living relative has also lost contact and they were her cousins. she would also like some contact . so we will keep looking. I have found living cousins on here through asking the same questions, on another branch of my tree THanks again for your reply
Regards Jenny in NZ

Valerie

Valerie Report 16 Nov 2011 00:51

Hi Jenny
The 'National Library of Aus' (Canberra) (on-line) ...has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ....they will check their electoral rolls -past & present.
Hopefully they should find 'Peter'.
(if you can help narrow down which State he's likely to be in ... will help).

Valerie (WAus)

Jenny

Jenny Report 17 Nov 2011 01:07

thanks valerie good info will follow that up Regards
Jenny in NZ

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 17 Nov 2011 07:02

Jenny

There are a few P Towners in NSW in the White Pages phone directory online www.whitepages.com.au/wp

See green tab - residential listings. Only one has no 2nd initial.

Worth a try!

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 17 Nov 2011 07:08

Might be worth a lookup from Ryerson Index of this notice:

Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Type Age Other Details Publication Published
TOWNER Arthur Raymond Death notice 28FEB2011 Funeral 73 late of Bexley Daily Telegraph (Sydney) 26FEB2011

See http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Jenny

Jenny Report 17 Nov 2011 18:54

Thanks so much Cherylin, will do that