Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Privacy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachel

Rachel Report 13 Nov 2011 21:17

Hi all... I noticed in the intro bit to this that everything posted here is open to public.
I was wondering if it's allowed to ask for help via inbox? My reason being is that my friend is looking for a half brother, who was adopted. She asked me to search on here for him as I am subscribed, but didn't give me permission to publicly search for him. And I don't think she is aware that it is so public on these message boards.
Would anyone be so kind as to message me please if you are able to help.
It would be greatly appreciated, many thanks!
Rachel xx

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2011 21:30

If you only have his birth name, I would advise his sister to put her name on the adoption contact register, in the hope that he is on there.

You could also try looking for a match on here (use 'search trees' box), facebook or Friends Reunited.

And she could ask for advice from NORCAP:

www.norcap.org.uk

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2011 21:31

Meant to say! PM's are private.

Rachel

Rachel Report 13 Nov 2011 21:34

Thank you jan, I tried looking here and found his birth record but that's it. Like you say, it's hard with only his birth name.

I will have a look at norcap now, thanks again for your help :)

Rachel

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 13 Nov 2011 21:47

Rachel, you can only find him if he wants to be found. Do try search trees, Facebook and Friends Reunited - if he is searching for his birth family he will use his original name on these sites.
jan

Rachel

Rachel Report 13 Nov 2011 22:10

Yeh your right there jan.. Thank you xx

jayne

jayne Report 13 Nov 2011 22:17

Have your friend tried social services? Or the adoption agency he was adopted through?