Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winifred Gibson - Cornwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 13 Nov 2011 14:33

I am trying to find Winifred Mary Gibson. Last known address was Higher Trezaise, Roche, St Austell Cornwall. She will be very old right now about 87 so am fearing she may have died. I would love to hear from anyone who knows or knew her. She is my great aunt.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Nov 2011 15:01

PM sent

Jackie

Dawn

Dawn Report 13 Nov 2011 15:19

Ty Jackie. I am going to order this cert but my aunts birthday was 16 April 1924 but maybe for some reason the wrong date was on the certificate!

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2011 16:48

Maybe she is still alive or died in the last 5 years...it is not an uncommon name

is this the death you were sent?

Name: Winifred Mary Gibson
Birth Date: 18 Mar 1924
Date of Registration: Jun 1999
Age at Death: 75
Registration district: Plymouth
Inferred County: Devon
Register number: A61A
District and Subdistrict: 4161A
Entry number: 58

Dawn

Dawn Report 13 Nov 2011 18:05

Yes that is the death I am investigating - just ordered it now from the GRO but I am living in America so will have to wait a week or so for it to arrive. All my family comes from Hertfordshire, kent and London. Winifred was born in London, my grandmother was living in South Mimms at the time.

jax

jax Report 13 Nov 2011 18:25

When was she last known to be in Cornwall? If she was born 16th April I would not think someone would record her death as 18th March?? if they did not know it I would have thought the would just put the approx year?

Did she have a husband or any children or is that her maiden name?

jax

Dawn

Dawn Report 14 Nov 2011 18:01

Jax, this was her maiden name. She was in her fifties when we last saw anything about her in 1980 and she was using this name. I can only assume she never married or divorced and went back to her maiden name.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Nov 2011 18:40

If you have her exact address you could contact the local library to see how long she lived there from the electoral rolls.

Rose