Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Cousins Woods nee Bravery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 28 Oct 2011 12:05

I would like to find my cousins Dorothy Joan BRAVERY born 1934 & her brother Edwin John BRAVERY born 1936, Croydon ,Surrey.
Dorothy married a Peter Woods in 1954 & a son Andrew was born 1955 can anybody please help

Flick

Flick Report 28 Oct 2011 13:27

Have you looked for them in 'search trees'?

Flick

Flick Report 28 Oct 2011 13:31

Were you aware of a possible second son for Dorothy?

Harry

Harry Report 30 Oct 2011 17:45

Hi , Thank you for the reply,Yes I have searched the trees on this site and yes I am aware of another son named Ian b. 1967, also tried to trace Francis Woods, father of Peter Woods that is on the marriage cert. ..but no luck

patchem

patchem Report 30 Oct 2011 18:04

Have you any family information about what happened to Edwin?
Emigrated?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 Oct 2011 00:17

Flick.

If Dorothy and Andrew's surnames changed also, it is a vital piece of information. Do we need to be looking under Woods, Coulson or Stevens?

Harry didn't mention Ian to start with but it turns out he knew of him. Perhaps there is more he knows but forgot to mention? If Dorothy remarried then looking under Woods is a waste of time.

Rose

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 31 Oct 2011 01:30

In 2002 they were in Coulsdon Surrey ..............moved
Dorothy under Woods & Ian as above.

Google
Ian's name
Private hire Driver London

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/businessandpartners/taxisandprivatehire/ph/licensing/default.asp?search=Search&driverid=&firstnames=&formname=licensed&mode=&surname=uls

Harry

Harry Report 1 Nov 2011 12:53

thanks for all the interest , FLOWERPOT2 your info gives me hope.
As far as i know DOROTHY & family have always lived around Croydon, all the info i've gathered is from B.M.D.
I last saw Dorothy and her brother Edwin in the late 1940s as a 7-8 year old, after that all contact was lost

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 1 Nov 2011 14:32

Did you see the daughter's birth 1969 ?

:-)

LAST KNOWN ADDRESS SENT FOR DAUGHTER
TO HARRY

Harry

Harry Report 1 Nov 2011 20:08

Thank s to all who replied to my "LOST COUSINS "request for help,Well the good news is I'VE FOUND THEM WITH YOUR HELP after Seven years :-)