Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DOROTHY MCGOWAN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 27 Oct 2011 22:27

HI ALL
JUST TRYING TO TRACK DOWN SOMEONE CALLED DOROTHY MCGOWAN WHO I THINK WAS BORN AROUND 1967/1969 IN NEW MILNS AYRSHIRE. SHE MARRIED A SMITH AROUND 1987/1990, AND THEN I THINK MOVED TO ESSEX. aRE THERE ANY CLUES OUT THERE AS TO WHERE SHE IS OR MAYBE IF SHE REMARRIED. ?? CAN ANYONE FIND A BIRTH FOR HER AT ALL SO I CAN CONFIRM AT LEAST SHE WAS BORN IN AYRSHIRE??
HOPEFULLY
SHIRLEY

Flick

Flick Report 27 Oct 2011 22:30

Scotlands people is the site for Scottish BMD info.....but I think the birth is too recent to be on line.

Check the site...........see what records are available

Have you checked 'search trees' for her name?

Or Friendsreunited?

Shirley

Shirley Report 27 Oct 2011 22:34

HI
YES, CHECKED FRIENDS REUNITED. ALSO CHECKED ON HERE FOR HER. I HAVE MESSAGED ONE I FOUND ON HERE THAT COULD BE A POSSIBLE. tHE BEST HELP I HAVE HAD IS BY PEOPLE ON THESE COMMUNITY BOARDS, THEYVE BEEN AMAZING. I THOUGHT WITH BEING SO RECENT I WOULD MAYBE HAVE TO TRY ANCESTRY, WILL TRY SCOTTISH BMD, IS IT A FREE TO VIEW SITE??
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, IT ALL HELPS.
BEST WISHES
SHIRLEY :-)