Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patterson Brothers Of Liverpool, England

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 21 Oct 2011 16:37

i hope i have put this in the correct place.

I am hoping to find the possible marriages of the following brothers.......

Michael J Patterson b, 1947. Liverpool

Philip H Patterson b, 1951. Liverpool

Richard A Pattersib b, 1955. Liverpool

Thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Oct 2011 22:34

Will send a pm with possible marriage.

Kath. x

Mark

Mark Report 22 Oct 2011 13:15

Thanks for your assistance

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 15:34

I cannot understand why you are sending address's when only marriage details have been asked for

Maybe Mark wants the address and will be pleased

But to ask for marriage details I would think he is adding them to his tree...could be wrong of course...

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 22 Oct 2011 16:11

The way I look at it Jax - maybe I am wrong - is that Mark wants the marriages - regarding two brothers there are multiple choices with more than one birth in the area in that name so the only way to find the right marriages for the tree is to contact one of the brothers to find out this information

jax

jax Report 22 Oct 2011 16:19

Well if someone wrote to me asking for my marriage details I dont think I would be too pleased, same as if I found my self on anyones tree I would ask them to remove it

Flick

Flick Report 22 Oct 2011 21:55

I think it's totally irresponsible to send addresses without carefully checking whether the info could possibly be misused..............

You seem to have no concept of a person's right to privacy....................

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2011 00:38

Flick,

I have to disagree with you I'm afraid.

Anything that we (as ordinary members of the public) send in a private message, is something that is already in the public domain otherwise we wouldn't have found it - and as such it can't possibly affect anyone's right to privacy.

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 23 Oct 2011 13:06

Only since being on here I found out about the ER being accessable to the public.
I know my mother does not want her family looking for her so she changed her phone number, she had no idea she was easily found on the ER until I told her....so how many others think they are safe from being found?

jax

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Oct 2011 16:04

You now have the option NOT to be included in the version of the electoral register that can be sold to outside parties. You have to stipulate this when you fill in the electoral register each year.

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 23 Oct 2011 16:22

Oh yes I know that now and so does my mother, but it is not very clear on the form...the fact that she has not moved house in the last 30 years does not help either as the address from 2002 is still there with me on it because I stayed with them a few months

jax