Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find living relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gavin

Gavin Report 18 Oct 2011 20:07

good evening,
my names gaving thomas and i was born in crawley,west sussex.

im trying to locate my aunties and uncle from carsholton, surrey.

the details are as follows:

the oldest is heather ann thomas (robinson) born 1948 i think.
then it is shirley ann thomas (peterson) born 1952 i think.
i know shirley use to work for the daily telegraph back in the early 80's and was mairried to a terry peterson, they had a love for horses and also had a daughter called emma who also done horse riding, i went with them after i had chicken pox when i was young. :-D
then its my dad robin ian thomas born 1955 which i have contact with now after i found him around 15 years ago, i tend to do a lot of looking for family members, lol.
and then there is keith allen thomas bon 1962, i dont know too much on keith as i never really met him that much when i was younger but im trying now. if there is any info at all please can you contact me through here on pvt messaging.
i will reply to every message sent and follow up any info given,

thanks for reading

gavin thomas

Joy

Joy Report 18 Oct 2011 21:07

Gavin, this is a public site and the posts in it can be read across the internet by anyone; therefore, from a security point of view, I would remove the email address if I were you.

Good luck with the search.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 03:42

Hi Gavin, I have found Shirley and her husband on the electoral roll several years ago ... I only see her husband there now but I will send you his contact information privately, hopefully he will be able to tell you about Shirley

don't forget to put them all in your family tree here at genesreunited so if someone in their family searches for them or you, they will find you and be able to contact you

( keep your email address up to date at this site so you receive notices of messages )

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 19 Oct 2011 03:52

don't forget to put them all in your family tree here at genesreunited so if someone in their family searches for them or you, they will find you and be able to contact you
--------------------------------------

But you are not allowed unless you get their permission

it does not bother me, but others on here say it is the GR rules

:-S

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 04:20

that's true flowerpot2, that's true, and since I've given Gavin some info now I should probably take that back because I agree that it shouln't be done without permission :-)

I think for some reason I was thinking they were oooold but that's not the case !

Joy

Joy Report 19 Oct 2011 08:38

"it does not bother me, but others on here say it is the GR rules" - it may bother them ;-) and it is courtesy to ask first :)

Gavin

Gavin Report 19 Oct 2011 14:09

thank for the replies people, and as i mentioned any help or advice will be greatly appiciated. ;-)

Gavin

Gavin Report 19 Oct 2011 19:55

just to let you know i have now contacted shirley and keith with all the help from here, a big thank you to all!

now all i have to do is catch up on 25 years i missed out on with them,

again a very big thank you !!!!!!!!! :-D

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 19 Oct 2011 23:47

oh great news, your message to me sounded like it wasn't going to work, but that info did help then ? thank you for telling us !

hurray and say hello to them for us :-D