Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Husbands cousin. Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 16 Oct 2011 14:43

Looking for Margert Paley born April 1940 in Consett, County Durham UK. My husband does not know who she married or when, but it was in the early 1960 's.

His aunt born Margret Audrey Taylor (but known as Audrey ) also in Consett . She move to Canada to live with her daughter, round about 1983?

Thank you for any help given.
Wendy and Ian

:-)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Oct 2011 14:54

No marriage of Margaret Paley anywhere between 1955-1970 except for one in Battersea 1955. (Or Margert or Margret)

No Paley born County Durham in 1940.

Wendy

Wendy Report 16 Oct 2011 15:12

I have Margaret's birth cert so I know when and where she was born.

I am not sure if she married in this country. I do know she was living in Canada in 1980's
But thank you for your time Mark

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 16 Oct 2011 15:19

Sorry, there's the birth, it just wasn't on FreeBMD:

England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005
about Margaret Paley Name: Margaret Paley
Mother's Maiden Surname: Taylor
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1940
Registration district: Durham North Western
Inferred County: Durham
Volume Number: 10a
Page Number: 720 (click to see others on page)

Wendy

Wendy Report 16 Oct 2011 15:24

Thank you again Margee sorry I got your name wrong last time. My son (Mark had just walked in). So thank's again
Wendy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 16 Oct 2011 17:29

There are only 3 marriages in the general area as far as I can see. Two are in Yorkshire. The other is in Durham Western but very early - 1957.
Jan

Wendy

Wendy Report 18 Oct 2011 11:18

Thank you brummiejan for that info. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I will look at that marriage, Margaret would have been 17 then so it's quite possiable that she could have married at that age.

I think this is going to be a long search.

Thanks again and good luck with your research..

Wendy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Oct 2011 11:33

Good luck Wendy- come back and let us know how you get on.
Jan