Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clenton possible married name Lane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 13 Oct 2011 17:13

Does anyone know of a Kathleen A Clenton born 1946, Walsall, possible married name Lane 1965.
I would like any information anyone has. Maybe my half sister.
Thanks
DJW

patchem

patchem Report 13 Oct 2011 21:21

Have you looked to see who else has her in their tree on here?
Have you got the marriage certificate to Lane to check father's name, address etc?
Do you know her exact date of birth?
Thanks

Penny

Penny Report 13 Oct 2011 22:06

which Parent do you share? Stan or Doris?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Oct 2011 22:23

There was another daughter to this couple called Patricia.

Marriages Dec 1943
Clenton Stanley G Roper Walsall 6b 1361
Roper Doris L Clenton Walsall 6b 1361

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Oct 2011 22:25

Does this info match one of your parents?

Births Dec 1925
Clenton Stanley G Booth Walsall 6b 1177
Births Dec 1924
Roper Doris L Parkes Walsall 6b 1179

Rose

Flick

Flick Report 13 Oct 2011 23:24

Stanley married twice

1943 and 1955

Alan

Alan Report 15 Oct 2011 09:19

Yes the info matches my Mum although, she called herself Dorothy or Dot.

Have searched trees cannnot find anything at all for KATHLEEN.

I was a ware that there was another sisiter Patricia that passed away around 1990.

I sisnt fins out that my Mum had been married before or that there was 2 daughters until I was looking through my Mums personal things after she had passed away, I found a marriage cert to my Dad which said Doris Clenton previous marriage dissolved. I asked about but no one wanted to say anything. Then in the solicotors it was mentionred she had 2 daughters.
I am just interested to find out more, would have loved a sister.
Thanks for your replies any more info would be great.

Flick

Flick Report 15 Oct 2011 09:44

The man who (apparently) married Kathleen is on the 192 ER for 2002-2009, but the female at the same address is not Kathleen.

He seems to have re-married in 1974......................

Alan

Alan Report 15 Oct 2011 21:06

I did search all trees last week & had already spoken to Michael that owns the tree, he contacted other relatives, all he knows is she left home aged 16 & hasnt been in touch with anyone since. This was from another relative that has her on his tree as well. That is as far as it goes, I did manage to find a birth record with Clenton as a maiden name, & a marriage record with Lane as a spouse. This is as far as anyone who has her in there trees got.
Thanks anyway.

Flick

Flick Report 15 Oct 2011 21:45

Did you note the info about her 'husband's' re-marriage?

Alan

Alan Report 15 Oct 2011 22:42

Yes I did note the re marriage of Maurice Lane, have found links with a Kathleen A Lane marriage to a Clewley, still need to do some more diggin, but the name doesnt come up on any family trees.

Will keep looking
Thanks

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Oct 2011 02:36

I see the Clewley marriage, but I don't think that's your Kathleen.

If you look for them on 192.com, there is a son with them. I tracked down his birth but the MMN is listed as Lane.

Rose

Alan

Alan Report 16 Oct 2011 13:25

Yeah, I saw that maiden name was Lane, but wondered had Kathleen used her previous married name instead, as that was Lane??? Just a thought.
Thanks again D:)

LadyofKent

LadyofKent Report 16 Oct 2011 13:35

This Kathleen A according to the ERs is only 58 and her husband 61. This ties in perfectly with another Kathleen A Lane birth in 1953 in Staffs.