Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my father.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 7 Oct 2011 15:36

can anyone out there please help me. I am searching for my father. he left before I was born, so I have very limited information about him. I know he was adopted, & given the name nigel spencer clarke, but this is not his birth name. I think he was born in oct 1946. I know he lived in Sidmouth in Devon in the mid 1960's, & his adoptive parents were George & edna Clarke. that is about all I know about him, apart from his parents sent him away when they found out about me! this really is frustrating me, as I don't know how to go any further. many thanks in anticipation of some helpful ideas. Karen.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 7 Oct 2011 16:04

Although not his birth name I assume that he probably continued to use his adoptive name. Have you looked for possible marriages for someone of that name?

Also look in the usual places, the telephone book (BT online), Electoral register (www.192,com or similar), Facebook, Friends Reunited ect.

Good luck but be prepared for the fact that he may now have a family and not wish to become involved with you after all these years.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 Oct 2011 17:53

On a free search of 192.com, there is a listing of a person of that name as the Director of a Company, right age group.

But 22 people come up when only searching Nigel S Clarke - 2 in the right age bracket, and a number with no age bracket shown.

If George and Edna lived in Sidmouth, have you looked for their (probable) death record? There is a possibility that Nigel may have been the informant.

karen

karen Report 7 Oct 2011 18:03

Good luck! i hope u find your dad.please let us know.facebook is great for finding ppl