Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stanley Browne Sheppard

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Oct 2011 17:44

Hello

I am trying to trace the above with limited information.

Married in 1915 in the Bristol district to Kathleen Brambleby ( my grandmother) they had a son called Antony Sheppard however Antony later changed his surname to Summers when Kathleen remarried. He disappeared after a few years of marriage and my family do not where. There was talk that he moved to the Dudley area and worked in the council offices.

If anyone can be of help I would be most grateful, I realise this gentleman may have passed away.

Many thanks

Lisa

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Oct 2011 17:45

Sorry my mistake they married in 1943

patchem

patchem Report 4 Oct 2011 17:46

The marriage was 1943:
Marriages Sep 1943
Brambleby Kathleen L Sheppard Bristol 6a 155
Sheppard Stanley B Brambleby Bristol 6a 155

patchem

patchem Report 4 Oct 2011 17:47

Are you trying to find Anthony or Stanley?
Thanks

I cannot see any Sheppard/Brambleby births, had Kathleen been married before?

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Oct 2011 21:12

Hi

I am searching forStanley.

She had not been marrried before. She married Stanley and the story goes that it was a bigamous marriage as he was already married. He then disappeared a few years later, I suspect he may have used another name

Thanks so much for your help, do you have any ideas where I could look next?

patchem

patchem Report 4 Oct 2011 23:17

What are the details on the marriage certificate - his age and father's name (even if bigamous and invented?)

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Oct 2011 17:46

I haven't got a marriage certificate, I have ordered one so will havevto wait and see!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Oct 2011 18:44

Antony was registered as Browne-Sheppard but in Hammersmith.

Was Stanley's name hypenated?

Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Oct 2011 19:17

On the marriage register he is recorded as Stanley B Sheppard, I presumed it was Browne due to Antony's surname

Thanks for your help