Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Relative, New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 3 Oct 2011 20:42

I am trying to contact a femail relative who lives in New Zealand, her name is Barbara. and she is related to teh Smith family from Newcastle upon Tyne. She contacted me some years a go when I lived in Benwell, Newcastle but have lost touch since I moved.

So any Smiths out there who may know of my family or be part of my family please get in touch.
Grangfathers name was Thomas William Smith,born Elswick and my grans name was Mary Jane (nee Hannagan, born Carlisle , Cumbria.

Many thanks

Tom Smith

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Oct 2011 22:43

Tom, the chance of a relative seeing this is pretty much nil, unfortunately. You could go searching for matches by using 'search trees' above.
Jan

Valerie

Valerie Report 4 Oct 2011 00:23

Tom - you could try the 'National Library of NZ' ......it has an 'Ask a Librarian' service ......they will check electoral rolls and newspaper death notices if you give them full name/s ........location and year/s would also help.

Valeie (WAus)

Thomas

Thomas Report 4 Oct 2011 11:48

Thanks Val

Overwhelmed by the help of peole on the site it is most appreciated and a special thanks to you for taking your time.

Tom :-)